No announcement yet.

Who hunts with a .308?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought one of these women guns a few years ago so my little sister would have something to shoot

Comment

Not good for anything.
      I really really like 308. I've got 3 of them now. TC Encore, Rem 700 Police and Rem 700 BDL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
        I believe that is called the 6.5 Creedmost

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
        Hahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by SouthTX1911 View Post
          Not good for anything.
          I really really like 308. I've got 3 of them now. TC Encore, Rem 700 Police and Rem 700 BDL.

If it's good enough for Jon Snow, it's good enough for me.

Comment

Like most have said way more than enough out to 800 yards easy. Ammo cheap and plentiful. There is really no reason not to have one. With all that said I don't really care for the round to much I'd rather shoot a 7-08 or my favorite .260 rem, much better ballistics and less recoil.. But the .308 is truly a great round to hunt with.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
              Like most have said way more than enough out to 800 yards easy. Ammo cheap and plentiful. There is really no reason not to have one. With all that said I don't really care for the round to much I'd rather shoot a 7-08 or my favorite .260 rem, much better ballistics and less recoil.. But the .308 is truly a great round to hunt with.
              I currently have a 7-08 that I really like.

Comment

I'd like to piggyback off this thread. Out of a 16" barrel, assuming both grain bullets grouped the same, is there any advantage to shoot a 150 over the 130 at hogs and shoulder shooting deer with a Barnes?

Comment

Who hunts with a .308?

Originally posted by clayg08 View Post
                  I'd like to piggyback off this thread. Out of a 16" barrel, assuming both grain bullets grouped the same, is there any advantage to shoot a 150 over the 130 at hogs and shoulder shooting deer with a Barnes?

Not unless you're really stretching it out for the BC to come into play. Those dang Barnes are stout. Or you just want to the 150. The BC is not too stellar on with a 130 or 150 on a 30 cal.

Comment

First with new 308

With my new 308
                    Attached Files

Comment

165 gr Sierra Gameking BTSP at about 2820 fps really do the trick out of my .308's. Easily sub-moa and great performance on deer sized game. Killed Deer, aoudad and hogs.

Only have hunted with a .308 for a few years (longtime .3006 and .243 shooter), but I'm really liking the it.

Comment

I shot a doe once...with a 308...it was dead afterwards...

Comment

Love mine. Weatherby Vanguard S2. Real nice trigger, super accurate, hadn't lost a critter yet. Doesn't have the BOOM! FLOP effect you get with something a little more potent like a 30-06, of course I shoot my deer behind the shoulder because I don't like to mess up the meat, so they usually run 30-40 yds, but that's about it.

Comment

I love my Savage 308 Model 10.
                            It's accurate and the Accutrigger makes shooting it a pleasure.

Comment

Took my first deer with my grandfathers old savage lever action .308. it'll put em down for sure

Comment

Just bought a Browning X-Bolt 308...looking to see its body of work soon

Comment

Working...
                                X