Lake Meredith 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chongo View Post
    Now I'm considering an opening weekend trip as well. Would really like to arrow a mulie this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm planning on the last weekend of rifle season. But also thinking on taking a scouting trip towards the end of September!

Comment

Originally posted by newbieG View Post
      I'm planning on the last weekend of rifle season. But also thinking on taking a scouting trip towards the end of September!

Let me know if you end up going. I might try and break away as well. I've been up there quite a bit but have not really pushed to the southern end much and I'd like to this season.

Comment

Originally posted by chongo View Post
        Let me know if you end up going. I might try and break away as well. I've been up there quite a bit but have not really pushed to the southern end much and I'd like to this season.

I'll PM you.

Comment

I live in Wills Point too and planning a Meredith trip the early part of October

Comment

I plan on going up again for rifle this year for sure. Has anyone had any luck bow hunting muleys out here? I was planning on bringing the bow and using the trip primarily as a scouting trip.

Comment

Originally posted by jmack82 View Post
              I plan on going up again for rifle this year for sure. Has anyone had any luck bow hunting muleys out here? I was planning on bringing the bow and using the trip primarily as a scouting trip.
              I grazed a whitetail doe a few years ago. No luck on muley's though.

Do you have a specific area in mind to look at?

And, has anyone pheasant hunted up there? I see it in the regs. but I've never seen any birds.

Comment

I'm planning between going into Evans/Martins, Devils, or setting up on a game trail in the river bottom. I have been to them all already. I only saw 2 pheasant last year and it was on the north side of the lake. The quail were everywhere though. Last year the weather was so bad we were doing about 25 mph in 4wd on 287. Good thing is we didn't see a soul while in the back country.

Comment

I'm planning between going into Evans/Martins, Devils, or setting up on a game trail in the river bottom. I have been to them all already. I only saw 2 pheasant last year and it was on the north side of the lake. The quail were everywhere though. Last year the weather was so bad we were doing about 25 mph in 4wd on 287. Good thing is we didn't see a soul while in the back country.

I'm planning a scouting trip for September. And how were Evans and martins? That's kinda where I wanted to head. Or go to the other side of lake to mcbride.

Comment

They look cool but its a good trek back there. It wouldn't be fun packing a deer out of there at all without a buddy. I don't know how possible it is to get within bow range in those canyons. It would definitely be one heck of a challenge.

Comment

They look cool but its a good trek back there. It wouldn't be fun packing a deer out of there at all without a buddy. I don't know how possible it is to get within bow range in those canyons. It would definitely be one heck of a challenge.

I think I'm taking the rifle the first time I go. May go try with a bow in a year or two

Comment

Evens! Been there! Done that!

Long way to pack one out! Better be in shape!

Comment

It definitely pays to be in shape. A good pack is a must or don't even bother going out there!

Comment

Anyone going out that way to hunt Quail???

They said that the numbers were really high last year.
                            Haven't heard anything about the Quail numbers this year!

Comment

Originally posted by Flint knapper View Post

That's another reason I'm going on a scouting trip. My neighbor wants to know how the quail are!

Comment

Originally posted by Flint knapper View Post

I'm entertaining the thought of quail/pheasant trip as it's not looking like I'm going to make it to KS this season.

Comment

Working...
                                X