Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
    Paper log books.
    Nope. They know what to look for in paper logs. Fuel purchases times and places among others.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
      Not sure how truck drivers are getting away with driving more than allowed. They don't play when it comes to driving hours and sleeper times.
      I have not drove in a while with my commercial so I'm not up to date on current rules. Use to be there were exemptions carved out for O&G. Might still be? You did not have to log if you were in a certain distance of a yards as the crow flies. When you circled that distance on a map it covered a bunch of ground. Lots of companies pay by the load also.
      It could be different by now? Maybe everyone is running e-log tattle tales now?

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
        I have not drove in a while with my commercial so I'm not up to date on current rules. Use to be there were exemptions carved out for O&G. Might still be? You did not have to log if you were in a certain distance of a yards as the crow flies. When you circled that distance on a map it covered a bunch of ground. Lots of companies pay by the load also.
        It could be different by now? Maybe everyone is running e-log tattle tales now?
        You may be right. It's my understanding that cattle haulers are exempt from some regulations as well. I guess due to them hauling live animals and mortality rates.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
          Lots of oil activity. My rig is 1 mile off 285

If someone isn’t in oilfield and traveling it they just don’t know any better. It’s a very dangerous drive
          Ok, that explains it

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
            Ok, I gotta ask, why do people travel that road if it is so bad off?

Ranch is on 285 surrounded by construction barricades.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I didn't know any better, never again! Third world country is an accurate description.

Comment

I hate that stretch when we go to Ruidoso. This year we went thru El Paso to catch White Sands and the drive was much more relaxing. Little farther mileage wise, but nearly makes up for itself when you can cruise 80-85 on IH10

Comment

Avoid it and hwy 302 at all costs.

Comment

My company delivers a lot of equipment to orla.

Comment

Not a truck driver or frequent that stretch but it's not the only industry that pushes people out on the road. I was the only person in a crew with a license (take that how you want it's probably true) and had to drive 4+ hours on the tail ends of 10 hours labor in the sun. I quit after I dozed off coming down 35.

Comment

Originally posted by TexMax View Post
                        Not a truck driver or frequent that stretch but it's not the only industry that pushes people out on the road. I was the only person in a crew with a license (take that how you want it's probably true) and had to drive 4+ hours on the tail ends of 10 hours labor in the sun. I quit after I dozed off coming down 35.
                        It’s not that it puts tired people on the road there, it’s that it puts the amount of drivers it does on a 2 lane with no shoulder that has huge potholes and construction all at the same time. It has to be seen to believe what it’s like

Comment

Ah. That's not what the op made the problem out to be

Comment

The amount of inexperienced 18 wheeler drivers will scare you. They will literally pass you into oncoming traffic regularly

Comment

That’s my typical route when I head home to Cloudcroft and Alamogordo. It can be hairy. Not only the trucks but the jack wagons passing trucks. I know from experience that DPS on the Texas side doesn’t mess around when it comes to the speed limit.

-------------------------------
                              Violence never settles anything
                              -Genghis Kahn

Comment

It is part of the problem. But not the only part.

Comment

Working...
                                X