Fletching Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cbrown View Post
    I just did 6 arrows the same was you did, wraps and blazers glued with Goattuff. My glue is two years old. When my arrows hit the target the first time the blazers came off of every arrow.

I went with locktite super glue. I aslo bought some Fletch Tite wrap blazer combo things. They dip in hot water and shrink to the arrow. I am interested to see how they will shoot. If they group I am done with wraps and fletching my own arrows.
    The blazer shrink wraps you dip in hot water are awesome and tough as nails! You can't tear them up and they really don't add as much wait as you think. I love mine. The only thing I noticed was one time I put some on and took them off about a 10 days later. When I cut them off the arrow was still soaking wet with water. The wraps trapped lots of water in between the arrow and the wrap. Don't know if that's something to cause concern, it is just the only thing wrong I can find about them.

Comment

I had the same problem with the Goat Tuff. I ran out of the Easton glue I normally use, so I used some OLD Goat Tuff and had the fletches come off the wraps. Went and got some new Easton Glue and problem solved. Good luck with fletching

Comment

Try super glue with Duravane Fusions, clean the shaft and not the vane, they are treated to accept super glue.
        Temperture can effect adhesion, try to keep everything at room temp.

Comment

Had the same problem with loctite glue vanes would not stick to arrows went and got new glue and didnt have any more problems now if my glue more than six months i through it away and get new.

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
            Trust me, it's not the vanes.
            Clean the shafts, wraps, and vanes with denatured alcohol, then use fresh glue.
            I use Fletch-Tite with 0 problems.

it can very well be the vanes, and yes glue can get old, vantec hp vanes are superior and will stick way better without the aggravation

Comment

Its the glue. I had the same problem and switched glue and the blazers stuck just fine. Goat tuff is good when it is new but after awhile I think it goes bad.

Comment

It was either the glue or the weather (~50F). Brought em in the house and used some FletchTite on some and Superglue on some and they all worked out just fine.

Guess I'll chunk the bottle of GoatTuff. It was a full bottle to!

Comment

Originally posted by xman59 View Post
                  it can very well be the vanes, and yes glue can get old, vantec hp vanes are superior and will stick way better without the aggravation
                  Thanks for the heads-up.
                  I have fletched literally thousands of Blazer vanes and so far have not had an issue with them.
                  I have had issues with old glue, but in these cases the glue adhered to the vane, but did not adhere to the shaft.
                  I'll keep an eye out for the vane problem.

Comment

It's the glue, had same problem.

Comment

Working...
                    X