Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to do when the numbers just don't add up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The gross score he was given was for gross typical frame(140+) and the net(114+) was for a net typical. That typical score was low due the kickers caused him to net way low as a typical. His gross NT score will be in the 150's. Look at the score sheet and get a total of the NT points and add them to the gross typical score for a final score.
    Tell him congrats on a dang fine buck!
    Last edited by texashunter56; 09-14-2017, 10:36 AM.

Comment

22+23 doesn't equal 55. This may be why he numbers aren't adding up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Lawhorn View Post

I just told the guy in my office I need to take a nap. That confirms it lol

Comment

Originally posted by Lawhorn View Post

Comment

with all the apps that do scoring for you....and availability of real scoring sheets... I dont understand the scrap piece of paper scoring and being vulnerable to a persons arithmetic skillset...

Comment

Originally posted by COOLDAD1 View Post
              Even with deducting 10. That puts Joogers score at 158 gross NT. With 15 inches of NT that's 143 and I don't see side to side deductions that add up to a 114 net TYP. I will post when he gets the sheet and we measure it.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                with all the apps that do scoring for you....and availability of real scoring sheets... I dont understand the scrap piece of paper scoring and being vulnerable to a persons arithmetic skillset...

I got tired of adding up 1/8's years ago. Too much math. And while I impressed many a folk with my quick math the Antler Insanity app is always accurate and a whole lot faster! Plus I can email score sheets to our hunters and our books!!

Comment

Originally posted by Buckslayertx View Post
                  Even with deducting 10. That puts Joogers score at 158 gross NT. With 15 inches of NT that's 143 and I don't see side to side deductions that add up to a 114 net TYP. I will post when he gets the sheet and we measure it.

Even ignoring the mathematical error that deer is closer to 168 gross than 114 net. I'll bet the farm on that.

Comment

Originally posted by jooger17 View Post
                    Even ignoring the mathematical error that deer is closer to 168 gross than 114 net. I'll bet the farm on that.

You'll be living on a nice farm. IMO

Comment

I think the original scorer is pretty close. He probably knew the deer wasn't big enough to make P&Y as a non-typical (need 155 net), so he scored it as a typical (needs only 125 net). Looks to me like the gross frame is around 140. Then you subtract symmetry deductions and non-typical tines (which adds up on this buck), bringing him down quite a bit. His gross non-typical score make sneak up on 160. I score a lot of deer, if a deer doesn't make it as either a typical or non-typical, I usually give him/her the scores for the non-typical simply because the numbers are bigger (which tends to make folks happy). he probably just gave him the scoresheet scored as a typical.

Comment

Cool looking deer. Has deductions though. But who cares!

Comment

Yep, that I don't understand the deductions either or why that got into scoring deer. I guess I can see typical or non-typical as a way to differentiate. But to me a deer is whatever inch deer....whatever he grows. When I first saw the deer I though upper 160's. I may be off but I bet his gross is 155+

Comment

Using Jooger’s numbers (minus the sleep deprivation error) the deer would still have a
                            Gross Typical score of 139
                            Net typical score of 118
                            Gross Non-Typical score of 158
                            Net Non-Typical score of 156

I can see where the scorer's numbers make sense. He scored the deer as a typical only. Have someone score him as a non-typical and he will like the numbers better.

Comment

Originally posted by lab man View Post
                              Using Jooger’s numbers (minus the sleep deprivation error) the deer would still have a

Gross Typical score of 139

Net typical score of 118

Gross Non-Typical score of 158

Net Non-Typical score of 156

I can see where the scorer's numbers make sense. He scored the deer as a typical only. Have someone score him as a non-typical and he will like the numbers better.

I wouldn't say I'm sleep deprived, I just really want a nap lol

Comment

This

Originally posted by txdukklr View Post
                                i got 146

m 29
                                Tines 53
                                B 46
                                IS 18

I don't see a 160 deer I also wouldn't even spend the time figuring the next.

Either way get it rescored. My first buck was real easy to score it was a cowhorn spike that scored about 7. Thats a fantastic deer that I would shoot any day . . . throat patch would be enough for me!

Comment

Working...
                                X