Matador wma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matador wma

Tell me about the place.....Got Drawn for archery hunt.

Hotter than hell need a 60,70, and 80 yard pin.
    Throw the 20 away see you there

Comment

Congrats! Hopefully I'll get lucky on the second draw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by southsider View Post
        Hotter than hell need a 60,70, and 80 yard pin.
        Throw the 20 away see you there
        ****.... i shoot a recurve

Comment

Originally posted by bucknuts View Post
          ****.... i shoot a recurve
          find water, hunt water

Comment

I did it in 2013. Windy as heck. No one killed one. You need a 4 wheel drive to get into some places in the western units.

Comment

ttt

Comment

Matador

Originally posted by bucknuts View Post
                Tell me about the place.....Got Drawn for archery hunt.
                I'm guessing by your posting date you were selected for the Archery Mule Deer Hunt vs Archery Deer.

I've only hunted there once in 2014 for antlerless/spike whitetail (GDA). Saw tons of mule deer (does and bucks). Shot a big hog and two whitetail does on that hunt plus 3 coyotes.

Weather can change fast at the time of year we were there (mid Nov.) and we had snow come in the last day there.

If you look at the map for Matador in the Annual Public Hunt Booklet (online at TPWD) that will show you the campgrounds and areas on the WMA. We were hunting the Lone Canyon area and I was on a high bluff overlooking the Pease River.

We had a great hunt. We stayed at the primitive campgrounds available for hunters. They allow gathering of firewood on the WMA.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by cleanair0 View Post
                  I'm guessing by your posting date you were selected for the Archery Mule Deer Hunt vs Archery Deer.

I've only hunted there once in 2014 for antlerless/spike whitetail (GDA). Saw tons of mule deer (does and bucks). Shot a big hog and two whitetail does on that hunt plus 3 coyotes.

Weather can change fast at the time of year we were there (mid Nov.) and we had snow come in the last day there.

If you look at the map for Matador in the Annual Public Hunt Booklet (online at TPWD) that will show you the campgrounds and areas on the WMA. We were hunting the Lone Canyon area and I was on a high bluff overlooking the Pease River.

We had a great hunt. We stayed at the primitive campgrounds available for hunters. They allow gathering of firewood on the WMA.

Good luck!

Yes i was selected for the mule deer hunt. Lucky dog. Been trying to get drawn for years. Thanks for the info.

Comment

ttt

Comment

ttt

Comment

ttt

Comment

Killing a respectable Mule in October, at Matador, with a recurve...mmmm...I would say would put you in elite company except for the fact that you would be all alone.

Beautiful country..mild camping weather and 10 weeks of vacation I have to use by next September, that's my motivation.

A WT doe is better than 50/50 if you hunt all week.

Comment

Originally posted by southsider View Post
                            Killing a respectable Mule in October, at Matador, with a recurve...mmmm...I would say would put you in elite company except for the fact that you would be all alone.

Beautiful country..mild camping weather and 10 weeks of vacation I have to use by next September, that's my motivation.

A WT doe is better than 50/50 if you hunt all week.
                            Yea it sounds impossible i know. Iv'e been told to get a crossbow. LOL I'm not going to sell out on a dream. It will be fun regardless of a kill or not. I'm just wondering if you can hunt the water tanks or not. I have been hunting pine thickets for the last 5 years. This is going to be a hell of a challenge.

Comment

ttt

Comment

Working...
                              X