Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ruger Predator 6.5 Creedmoor.......gotta see this!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After hearing a discussion on the Creedmoor cartridge and reading a thread on here, I started thinking more about a new bolt gun. Thanks to this thread, I'm determined to pick one up after Christmas. I just watched two videos of people pushing them more than a mile!!!! One guy had $650 in his setup with the Ruger rifle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have 556 ranch and a 6.5 Creedmoor predator that are both shooters. I had the 6.5 shooting sub MOA out to 300 yards in less than a box of ammo. I cut the spring on the ranch trigger so it is pulling 2 lbs. and the 6.5 I put a Timney trigger that is pulling 1.5 lbs. I just can't say enough about these Ruger Americans! Oh and I think the felt recoil is the same on both rifles lol

Comment

Originally posted by Master Blaster View Post
        I have 556 ranch and a 6.5 Creedmoor predator that are both shooters. I had the 6.5 shooting sub MOA out to 300 yards in less than a box of ammo. I cut the spring on the ranch trigger so it is pulling 2 lbs. and the 6.5 I put a Timney trigger that is pulling 1.5 lbs. I just can't say enough about these Ruger Americans! Oh and I think the felt recoil is the same on both rifles lol

I have the same combo!

Comment

Originally posted by zr2chevy22 View Post
          OK guy's I gotta as as this is intriguing me. What's the barrel profile of the Ruger Predator compared to the 700 AAC-SD. I'm looking for a suppressor ready 308. I plan on handloading to get the best out of the rifle but have been on the fence between these 2 rifles. I will be hanging a Sandman-L on the rifle. Just curious as to barrel profile difference.

Andrew

The AAC-SD is a fat cow if you ask me. I have one in 300BLK and it weighs a freaking ton.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
            The AAC-SD is a fat cow if you ask me. I have one in 300BLK and it weighs a freaking ton.
            Only reason I would go with the 700 would be availability of upgrades and accessories for the 700 platform. It's still a toss up from what I'm seeing regarding the ruger predator

Comment

Originally posted by tigerscowboy View Post
              Price without that scope and rings?

I picked one up for $360, but now it sits in an aluminum chassis that cost as much as the gun.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                I picked one up for $360, but now it sits in an aluminum chassis that cost as much as the gun.

Picture?

Comment

Ruger Predator 6.5 Creedmoor.......gotta see this!

MDT LSS waiting on carbine stock and buffer tube. I'll post pics when they arrive.

Will look similar to this.

Comment

Looks really cool...I hope that they keep making other stock options for us

Comment

Originally posted by Master Blaster View Post
                      Looks really cool...I hope that they keep making other stock options for us

I don't mind the factory stock with the short barrels like my 18" 308 and 16" 300 AAC.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                        I don't mind the factory stock with the short barrels like my 18" 308 and 16" 300 AAC.

Where did you get the bolt knob?

Comment

Originally posted by LuBowhunter View Post
                          Where did you get the bolt knob?

Comment

Have y'all noticed the flex induced accuracy issues on the factory stock off a bipod? Also to the guys running suppressors is there a huge POI shift? Was going to do a 700 but now reconsidering one of these.

Comment

Originally posted by QACZ71 View Post
                              Have y'all noticed the flex induced accuracy issues on the factory stock off a bipod? Also to the guys running suppressors is there a huge POI shift? Was going to do a 700 but now reconsidering one of these.

I shoot mine off the bipod all the time and have no problems.

Comment

Picked one up today. Any suggestions on a scope and rings. Trying to stay $300 to $350 range for scope.

Comment

Working...
                                X