Feeder placement ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeder placement ???

Ok just wondering how far will deer travel to visit a feeder on a regular occasion.
    What do you think?

Depends on location, population, competition, water sources, and pressure. I have places where the deer, bucks and does, are coming everyday like clockwork, other places I have my bucks coming in 2-3 times a week.

Comment

Lots of factors could influence your scenario, but I've got non-rut pics of bucks regularly at feeders two miles apart.

Comment

Yes I know there are lots of variables. This place has fairly low density and adequate natural food sources. Is the a guideline on feeder per acre?

Comment

I do not gauge by feeders per acre but deer per feeder. Rainfall or lack of it will dictate how far they will travel when food sources get scarce.

Comment

Are you talking about corn feeders or protein feeders? And what is the acreage?

Comment

800 acres and talking corn feeders, basically . How
              Many hunting locations

Comment

Usually I like about 1 feed station per 100 acres depending on the location.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Just remember you can only hunt so much land at one time

Comment

Originally posted by gtsticker View Post
                    800 acres and talking corn feeders, basically . How
                    Many hunting locations
                    I had six rifle stands and feeders on 1406 acres in Runnels Co. Four of those had bow stands also. Two other feeders with bow only stands. So, eight feeders in all. Had two rifle stands on a 75 acre field that had oats or wheat in it every winter. It seemed like we covered it pretty well, balancing between observation/opportunity and intrusion.

Comment

We are HF with a high deer density and have 1 corn feeder/100 acres. Along with 1 free choice protein every 250 acres.

For us it works out to about 1 corn feeder per 15 animals...

Comment

Working...
                      X