South Texas rain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

South Texas rain

Any rain happening around Catarina/asherton ?

We are at our ranch near Catarina right now and we are getting pounded by rain!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We are down 2688. When I left at 2 today I could tell it was gonna have a chance. Bring it on. The lakes are already running around the spillways.

Thanks for the update.

Comment

Set yourself up in the FarmLogs website. You can actually go in and map out your exact property. It will ask what your crop is. I just put mine in as "pasture". When you get rain, you will get an email telling you exactly how much you got. There is also a tracker that keeps up with daily totals that will add up to your year to date. I hunt in the Catarina area and so far this year, I think we've had about 12.78" on our pasture. Oh - and FarmLogs is free !

Comment

^ well that's handy. Thanks for the tip.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray McGaughey View Post
            Set yourself up in the FarmLogs website. You can actually go in and map out your exact property. It will ask what your crop is. I just put mine in as "pasture". When you get rain, you will get an email telling you exactly how much you got. There is also a tracker that keeps up with daily totals that will add up to your year to date. I hunt in the Catarina area and so far this year, I think we've had about 12.78" on our pasture. Oh - and FarmLogs is free !
            That is a great website! Thank you for the info.

Comment

I don't think Farmlogs will report an exact rain amount but I think it is a good barometer. Heck most rains vary by 1/2" from the north and south side of my place. FL estimates the total rainfall from the NOAA radar estimates.

According to FL, I've only had 6.98" since Jan 1 [emoji36]

Comment

I continually see discrepancies in the total amount of rain that the Doppler radar shows.
                It usually under estimates the amount of rain. For the year it is off by a several inches at my place.

Comment

Originally posted by Peyton View Post
                  I don't think Farmlogs will report an exact rain amount but I think it is a good barometer. Heck most rains vary by 1/2" from the north and south side of my place. FL estimates the total rainfall from the NOAA radar estimates.

According to FL, I've only had 6.98" since Jan 1 [emoji36]
                  Farm Logs said we have gotten 5.53"s since Jan 1. We got that much in a 2 day stretch back in April. That was confirmed by guys that were there. I would say it is not very accurate.

Comment

More rain forecasted today. Any news?

Comment

Any rain south.

Comment

Just wind and clouds [emoji36]

Comment

Peyton---still plenty green or starting to dry up.

Comment

Farm Logs has been really accurate at our place. In fact, last year it was around 0.50in off from the yearly total. This year, it shows we have received 12.15in so far and I have 12.65in listed on my rain log spreadsheet.

Comment

Originally posted by Cull hunter View Post
                              Peyton---still plenty green or starting to dry up.
                              It is starting to dry up at our place. Still pretty green though. We only got enough rain last week to keep the dust down.

Comment

Working...
                              X