Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The trigger on the cva is much nicer.

Comment

A trigger job from Bellm is required for TC. There are much better options than TC for barrels. Bergera and MGM come to mind. But definitely a trigger kit and barrel lock spring. Completely changed my TC. I was intimidated by doing the TC trigger but it really was pretty easy

Comment

Trophy8 yea if you're already set up on rifles then the TC doesn't suit a need. For me I like the interchangeable aspect. It is not the most accurate set up though if punching dime holes is your goal

Comment

Originally posted by tbeak View Post
          A trigger job from Bellm is required for TC. There are much better options than TC for barrels. Bergera and MGM come to mind. But definitely a trigger kit and barrel lock spring. Completely changed my TC. I was intimidated by doing the TC trigger but it really was pretty easy
          The cva comes with a bergara nitride coated barrel too!!

Comment

By the time you buy the barrel and optics for it, there’s really no cost benefit to the TC platform.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
              By the time you buy the barrel and optics for it, there’s really no cost benefit to the TC platform.

Not if you just want a muzzleloader

Comment

Originally posted by tbeak View Post
                Not if you just want a muzzleloader

I know. I was just making a statement in general. I used to think they were a cheaper way to have multiple calibers.

But that turned out to be far from the case.

Comment

I guess. Barrel runs 2-400 and scope is gonna get put on anyways. Cheaper in my book.

Comment

Trophy, holler if you want to go to Alpine and bust a couple of caps. I can't show you the 100% foolproof way with a muzzleloader, but I can show you what I've always done.

First and foremost, no oil/petroleum products inside the breech/bore.

First pic is some of the stuff for an inline, second pic is for my caplock. Some of it is interchangeable.
                    Attached Files

Comment

They're fun. I used to have many along with more than a few revolvers in .31, .36 & .44 caliber. Back then it was cheap to shoot and we'd have a blast just shooting them until we had to clean them to make them keep on shooting.

Used to clean the rifle barrels in a wash tub with hot, soapy water. Then dry and use a light oil.

Cleaning the traditional muzzle loaders was a job.

Shot deer with them a few times, no hogs we didn't have any back then.

Get one and have fun with it.

Comment

Thank y'all for all the info!!

Comment

TC encore all the way, gun is a tack driver and more accurate than the expensive Knight we have with a green mountain barrel.
                          Last edited by bossbowman; 10-02-2017, 08:58 PM.

Comment

If you are wanting a ML to mimic the accuracy of a normal bolt rifle take a look at these. The imposed $1k budget isn't going to happen though, it's only money. I am thinking about converting a Cooper with one of Jeff's primer conversions and a Brux barrel.

https://www.hankinscustomrifles.com/...muzzleloaders/

Comment

Originally posted by sendit View Post
                              If you are wanting a ML to mimic the accuracy of a normal bolt rifle take a look at these. The imposed $1k budget isn't going to happen though, it's only money. I am thinking about converting a Cooper with one of Jeff's primer conversions and a Brux barrel.

https://www.hankinscustomrifles.com/...muzzleloaders/
                              Idk about what states will allow that though....

Comment

What ever you do go 50 minimum. Don't do 45. If if done a 54 if I had found it

Comment

Working...
                                X