No announcement yet.

LSBA Pheasants and Flu-Flus 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guess I'll have to find a truck load of birds somewhere else then..

Comment

join Todd

Comment

Originally posted by huntinpool View Post
        Originally posted by meangene1969 View Post
        join Todd
        Why would you not want to join a statewide bowhunting organization?

Bisch

Comment

I'm in, pm sent.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
            Why would you not want to join a statewide bowhunting organization?

Bisch
            I don't need another magazine or bumper sticker.
            I don't and won't be shooting their shoots and have several ????'s about this statement.-
            7. A Legislative Committee to keep watch
            for any issues that may pose a threat to bowhunting.

Help support bowhunting in Texas How?

Where does the $ go? and where was this Legislative committee when CROSSBOW voting was going on and WHAT was their stance on the issue?

If my $ is going to be paying for traveling expenses or to hunt , I want it to be for me and not the Board members of an archery org.

This is not the place to ask anyway.

Have a FUN and SAFE HUNT and I hope yall don't have to pull out the shotguns this year

Comment

I wanted to make it, but once again I will be working. I'm off for over 15 days each month and it seems like these hunts always fall on days I have to work.

Comment

I don't need another magazine or bumper sticker.
                I don't and won't be shooting their shoots and have several ????'s about this statement.-
                7. A Legislative Committee to keep watch
                for any issues that may pose a threat to bowhunting.

Help support bowhunting in Texas How?

Where does the $ go? and where was this Legislative committee when CROSSBOW voting was going on and WHAT was their stance on the issue?

If my $ is going to be paying for traveling expenses or to hunt , I want it to be for me and not the Board members of an archery org.

This is not the place to ask anyway.

Have a FUN and SAFE HUNT and I hope yall don't have to pull out the shotguns this year

I think you have been mis informed
                We are a NON profit org.
                NO ONE GETS PAID to hunt or travel
                Crossbows- We were standing before the committee pleading our case against crossbows. They had more ammo and won.

Comment

Originally posted by ronny View Post
                  I think you have been mis informed
                  We are a NON profit org.
                  NO ONE GETS PAID to hunt or travel
                  Crossbows- We were standing before the committee pleading our case against crossbows. They had more ammo and won.
                  Yep Ronny is 110% right!!! Fought against Crossbows for many years, but the biggies just had more money and more people fighting. If LSBA had more members and support that might not have happened.
                  Last edited by bountyhunter; 01-10-2012, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bountyhunter View Post
                    Yep Ronnie is 110% right!!! Fought against Crossbows for many years, but the biggies just had more money and more people fighting. If LSBA had more members and support that might not have happened.
                    Amazingly the world is still turning and folks is still hunting despite the crossbow... The reason crossbows won is that the largest percent of bow hunters didn't care one way or the other...

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Javi Cooper View Post
                      Amazingly the world is still turning and folks is still hunting despite the crossbow... The reason crossbows won is that the largest percent of bow hunters didn't care one way or the other...
                      And the crossbow manufacturers had a much bigger PAC fund than the bowhunters.

Comment

Originally posted by fletcherfor2 View Post
                        And the crossbow manufacturers had a much bigger PAC fund than the bowhunters.
                        Pretty much the same thing happened when we foolishly tried to keep compounds out of archery in the early 70's... The world survived that too, despite many predictions to the contrary..

Comment

True that most Bowhunters didn't really care and some of those are the ones yelling the loudest now that crossbows are legal. If bowhunters in Texas were more proactive and not so reactive, LSBA Membership would be 10 times what it currently is today.

Comment

Originally posted by bountyhunter View Post
                            True that most Bowhunters didn't really care and some of those are the ones yelling the loudest now that crossbows are legal. If bowhunters in Texas were more proactive and not so reactive, LSBA Membership would be 10 times what it currently is today.
                            I was fairly active in support of the crossbow legalization, I wrote several letters and spoke to many folks about them. They are just another piece of archery equipment and should have been legalized years ago.

I fought tooth, nail and even knuckle against compounds and I was wrong then and so are those opposed to the crossbow today. The facts are proving that to be true as we speak...

But this isn't what this thread is about... The LSBA does a lot of good despite some of their views.. If you agree with most of their mantra, then by all means you should be a member..

Hunting pheasants with a bow is a blast, I've only experienced it once and that several years ago. I had more fun than a person is allowed.. A hunt like this is special...
                            Last edited by Mike Javi Cooper; 01-10-2012, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Mike, you are right......APATHY is the main reason this whole country is headed where it is!

Now back to the Pheasant Hunt!!!!!!!!!!

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                                Mike, you are right......APATHY is the main reason this whole country is headed where it is!

Bisch
                                OK...this thread belongs over on Campfire now.

Comment

Working...
                                X