"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NAVY CHIEF View Post
    I've killed 2 in the past 2 months but one of the new guys said he saw like 40 up in there last week...I been shooting mine way out on the lake!

Well I’m here and ur were right I should’ve taken the shot something told me that’s a Hog but I didn’t then a quick second it stands up so I moved in front of a bush so he stalls knowing I’m there. I couldn’t shoot thru the bush then he bolts across from me hauling *** and this guy is the biggest I’ve ever seen with a lighter brown across his back and dark /Black the rest of the body looking like at least 250 or more. I shoot but missed I chased but he was way too fast!!! ****!!!! Most excitement I’ve had here on Granger. Thanks again bro my rookie *** should of shot he looked just like a log !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Schultz1503 View Post
      Well I’m here and ur were right I should’ve taken the shot something told me that’s a Hog but I didn’t then a quick second it stands up so I moved in front of a bush so he stalls knowing I’m there. I couldn’t shoot thru the bush then he bolts across from me hauling *** and this guy is the biggest I’ve ever seen with a lighter brown across his back and dark /Black the rest of the body looking like at least 250 or more. I shoot but missed I chased but he was way too fast!!! ****!!!! Most excitement I’ve had here on Granger. Thanks again bro my rookie *** should of shot he looked just like a log !!

****... good try brother sooo many fallin trees and logs out there everthing looks like a hog or vis versa .... I question myself all the time..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have shot many an arrow into logs at Granger thinking they were pigs; sometimes they are. I just chalk it up the cost of hunting pigs at Granger.

Comment

When u see brown or black in the briar patch 9 times out of 10 its a pig....still have to make sure though lots of calves right now....no shoot baby calves. That would be bad

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
            I have shot many an arrow into logs at Granger thinking they were pigs; sometimes they are. I just chalk it up the cost of hunting pigs at Granger.
            I swear there was a log on Sunday that had ears and a snout! Started stalking it but after looking at it through the binos for a while I figured out it wasn't a pig.

Comment

Back to the discussion about broadheads, do most people use fixed blades? Also do you all use compounds or crossbows? I usually use a compound for deer but feel like my odds would be better with a crossbow. Really want to get my first pig out of the way.
              Last question (for now), when you spook pigs up is it worth it to try to follow them or do they blow out of the area completely?

Comment

Originally posted by jbw899 View Post
                Back to the discussion about broadheads, do most people use fixed blades? Also do you all use compounds or crossbows? I usually use a compound for deer but feel like my odds would be better with a crossbow. Really want to get my first pig out of the way.
                Last question (for now), when you spook pigs up is it worth it to try to follow them or do they blow out of the area completely?
                Actually, most people use mechanicals, most people I see hunting anyway. Broadheads are a very personal thing; I only use fixed blade. There are pros and cons to each type and you must weigh those and make up your own mind.

I only use a "vertical" bow, no crossbows for me. But several hunters at Granger use crossbows and have great success; nothing wrong with either one as long as it is legal, safe and you are proficient with it.

Following pigs depends on the pigs. When I blow pigs I will wait and see if they stop a short distance away; sometimes they will stop within range if you haven't blown them out too hard. I will follow if they aren't running for the hills; if they are, I go find another sounder to hunt up.

Comment

Originally posted by Rojobeard View Post
                  ****... good try brother sooo many fallin trees and logs out there everthing looks like a hog or vis versa .... I question myself all the time..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

No doubt about that lol

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post

So true lol

Comment

Originally posted by NAVY CHIEF View Post
                      When u see brown or black in the briar patch 9 times out of 10 its a pig....still have to make sure though lots of calves right now....no shoot baby calves. That would be bad

It will be the last time i second guess lol

Comment

It will be the last time i second guess lol

It happens to me too! And I learn from my mistakes.
                        I remember sharing this to somebody already. He knows who he is.

Comment

Originally posted by CARNAGE68 View Post
                          It happens to me too! And I learn from my mistakes.

I remember sharing this to somebody already. He knows who he is.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji1417]

Comment

I got 6-7 rabbits at Sore Finger in the last 3 months but they have been getting harder to find.

I don't want to take anyone's prized spots but, maybe someone has noticed rabbits on their way to hogs?

Comment

Gate eight I have gotten a bunch recently [emoji1417]

Comment

Gate eight I have gotten a bunch recently [emoji1417]

Thanks man. I am hoping to take my daughter one day and I think I would have a hard time stalking any hogs with her.

Comment

Working...
                                X