Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

California going to 3 states?

I would love to see this happen.
    An initiative to divide California into three states has received enough signatures to qualify it for the November ballot, the California secretary of state's office confirmed Tuesday.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

It is extremely unlikely to pass but just the fact that they got enough signatures to be on the ballot really says something about voter dissatisfaction. The article says only 17% of people polled were in favor of a split. That amounts to 6-7 million people who are so sick of state government they are ready for drastic measures.

Comment

Would that give them 6 senators?

Comment

wait.. what the **** happened to slicing them off and letting them all float away?

Comment

Southern California would have the potential to go red huh?

Comment

The Dems now in charge would draw the lines where we would end up with 6 D senators instead of just two.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
              The Dems now in charge would draw the lines where we would end up with 6 D senators instead of just two.

Northern and So Cal might get some R senators.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                Northern and So Cal might get some R senators.
                No. The bulk of the population is still in the metro areas. The way they have that divided all statewide offices should stay D.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                  Southern California would have the potential to go red huh?
                  I was in San Diego for 5 days last week. It was refreshing to see how patriotic it was. I know it's a military town, but it's still California.... the good part of it.

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
                    No. The bulk of the population is still in the metro areas. The way they have that divided all statewide offices should stay D.
                    Looked at population map and you are right.

Comment

Originally posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
                      I was in San Diego for 5 days last week. It was refreshing to see how patriotic it was. I know it's a military town, but it's still California.... the good part of it.
                      I lived in SD for 3 years while in the Navy.. F*** San Diego, they are just as much Californian as the rest of them, just not as rich.. The only decent area was the small sliver of a town on the coast and border called Imperial Beach. Nothing but working class people who just wanted to drink cheap beer and live by the beach.

My wife and I were talking about the state splitting, she said "if they split would you consider going back to visit?"

H3ll no, I told her SD is just as bad as LA and SF.

Grouse is right, this will just add two more dem states to the electoral.

Comment

Originally posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
                        I lived in SD for 3 years while in the Navy.. F*** San Diego, they are just as much Californian as the rest of them, just not as rich.. The only decent area was the small sliver of a town on the coast and border called Imperial Beach. Nothing but working class people who just wanted to drink cheap beer and live by the beach.

My wife and I were talking about the state splitting, she said "if they split would you consider going back to visit?"

H3ll no, I told her SD is just as bad as LA and SF.

Grouse is right, this will just add two more dem states to the electoral.
                        Clearly you know better than I do. I am just basing my comment on a mere observation, and the handful of San Diegoans (?) I visited with who were happy to talk politics once they found out I was from Texas. Granted, I was on Coronado the entire time.

Comment

Aint gonna happen. But stranger things have happened!
                          Clearly you know better than I do. I am just basing my comment on a mere observation, and the handful of San Diegoans (?) I visited with who were happy to talk politics once they found out I was from Texas. Granted, I was on Coronado the entire time.
                          I was there with SCI last year...………..had a wonderful time and look forward to another visit!

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                            Aint gonna happen. But stranger things have happened!

I was there with SCI last year...………..had a wonderful time and look forward to another visit!
                            Cool! I was there on a company trip I won last year and we stayed at Hotel del Coronado. Really cool place rich in history. We had a great time!

Comment

Cool! I was there on a company trip I won last year and we stayed at Hotel del Coronado. Really cool place rich in history. We had a great time!
                              Yep, very nice property. The wife and I went over there and hit some of the shopping and restaurants.

Comment

Working...
                              X