No announcement yet.

SHNF 17-18 ( the real deal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone have any good maps of SHNF and ideas to stay nearby?

Or any ideas which area to hunt for a 1st timer to SHNF?

thanks!!!

Manny

Comment

Originally posted by BowOnly81 View Post
      Weird he broke of one side already. Maybe during velvet? Too early to start fighting. Unless that was one heck of a spar!
      Man last monday he was looking fine im velvet by wed he had shed friday morning it was broke off. I think he got hung up rubbing it on another tree... Not sure he wouldve been solid

Comment

My son and I both got Antlerless permits for SHNF.

Comment

I haven't hunted the Sam in several years but since I just moved back into the middle of it I went ahead and put in for a doe permit and got drawn. Looking forward to doing a little stomping around out there this year.

Comment

I'm glad I didn't put in for a doe permit. Hopefully everyone that got drawn is able to put them to use.

Comment

Etxbuckman, You going to archery hunt with us this year? Bowonly, You going to be home for the opener?

Comment

Originally posted by topduarte View Post
                Does anyone have any good maps of SHNF and ideas to stay nearby?

Or any ideas which area to hunt for a 1st timer to SHNF?

thanks!!!

Manny
                Hey Manny, Conroe has a few hotels on I-45, their are a few in Huntsville on I-45.

Comment

Originally posted by NF HUNTER View Post
                  Etxbuckman, You going to archery hunt with us this year? Bowonly, You going to be home for the opener?
                  Yes sir I am! Took vacation for it. CANNOT freaking wait!!!

Comment

I know it hasn't been brought up yet this year on here, but if this is a repeat from previous years I apologize.

After gettin eaten alive last Thursday night, I sprayed down my hunting clothes Friday morning with Sawyer's and put it to the test this past weekend. I hiked 12.6 miles and I didn't get bit once. Yes, the mosquitoes were still swarming all around me, but they didn't land on me for long.

This stuff is legit! No after smell once it dries and it last up to 42 days or 6 washes! If you're like me and hate mosquitoes, ticks, and chiggers, Sawyer's is the way to go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Did I hear somebody say they saw rabbits in the forest???

Some lease uncertainty that developed late this summer convinced me that I needed a fallback so I put in for a permit and was drawn.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by NF HUNTER View Post
                        No, sir not this year. Between working at the farm with my dad and getting things situated at the deer lease I just didn't have the time to scout the Forest like I'd need.

I've got some really nice bucks coming around at the lease so I'll be there with a rifle in hand.

Comment

will someone drop me a pin where you have seen good bucks and plan on hunting please??? never hurts to ask !!!! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by ArcheryAssassin View Post
                            will someone drop me a pin where you have seen good bucks and plan on hunting please??? never hurts to ask !!!! :-)
                            Sure thing! [emoji1] But sorry to let you down I won't be hunting it. I can cook you some breakfast and give you a foot rub though while you shoot your hard earned deer. [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefWhackABuck View Post
                              Sure thing! [emoji1] But sorry to let you down I won't be hunting it. I can cook you some breakfast and give you a foot rub though while you shoot your hard earned deer. [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk
                              You might as well trade him for his spot in Harris County.

Comment

Archery Assassin here's a good place to start!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X