No announcement yet.

Official Davy Crockett 2016-17 national forest hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is that why all the scrapes have went cold ? Look like they haven't been worked for a couple days .

Comment

Originally posted by The Big One View Post
      Is that why all the scrapes have went cold ? Look like they haven't been worked for a couple days .
      Yep. When the does are close, the bucks work them hard. when the does are really popping, the scrapes go cold for a few days, then they get hit really hard again as most of the does cycle out.

Comment

Sitting in the stand. Dang this moon is bright. I grunted and rattled Friday evening. I had a doe come in with 6-7 different bucks with her. Every time I grunted she would come back. The big boy of the all was right on her tail the entire way. They got 30 yards from my tree but behind me. All I needed was another 20' to the right.

Sat morning had 3 does feed past me

Sat evening had a lone doe at 50yrds. I think it was the one from Friday but this time the bucks weren't with her. I'm assuming she got bred Friday and she's on her own now.

Maybe one of those other 3 will get some attention my way. Good luck guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Headed down this weekend with my BIL. Hopefully they are up and moving. Anyone else going to be piney-woods bound this weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by hittman View Post
            Headed down this weekend with my BIL. Hopefully they are up and moving. Anyone else going to be piney-woods bound this weekend?
            I'll be down there. Last weekend every deer I saw was after 10 and before 5. Saw deer every sit just couldn't connect. I'm hoping bucks are back working scrapes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm going to give it a shot too. When I checked my cam I had more pictures from 12-4 pm than all other times combined. I HATE trying to sit all day but its probably going to need to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Felix40 View Post
                I'm going to give it a shot too. When I checked my cam I had more pictures from 12-4 pm than all other times combined. I HATE trying to sit all day but its probably going to need to happen.

I've tried it a couple times and I can tell you it's darn near impossible. I can honestly say I've never made it all day. Tried 3-4 times and always end up getting down around 3-4

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
                  I've tried it a couple times and I can tell you it's darn near impossible. I can honestly say I've never made it all day. Tried 3-4 times and always end up getting down around 3-4

I agree. I can easily sit till 12 and then get back by 2 but it's hard all day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hittman View Post
                    First hunt of the year for me, I'll be in the tree Friday morning into Sunday. Last weekend to fill antlerless tags!

Comment

Not the most comfortable hunting conditions but you never know this time of year...

Comment

Originally posted by Felix40 View Post
                        Same here. Tons of bucks mid day. I just pulled a card and had to run a three year old off to do it. Yesterday, there were hundreds of pics from 10-4.

Comment

Well a monster died late this morning in the DCNF! I wont spoil it for him but its a good one!

Comment

Well tell him to post a pic!

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                              Well tell him to post a pic!
                              Im sure he will when he gets service. Big ol 8 year old swamp donkey!~

Comment

Looking forward to seeing it. It's hot out here.

Comment

Working...
                                X