How much is this big boy worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DKW II View Post
    Op, please PM me, I’ll offer whatever the land owner wants for the deer just to make the anti-HF people’s eye twitch and we can donate half or whatever the landowner feels is fair to Wounded Warriors.
    Well now, this right here pretty awesome!

Comment

I owe an explanation for how I feel. I have had conversations with non hunters over the years about hunting, and on multiple occasions I have heard “I can’t believe people hunt in fences” during these conversations. I’ve always known the operations existed, but have always turned a blind eye to it and never was interested in doing any high fence hunting. But after I see what the non hunters think hunting is, it makes me feel bad.. yes, I understand how pressure affects deer. Yes, it can be hard to find a deer with a helicopter or whatever. I GET IT. But I also see the bad picture it paints for us as outdoorsman. I’m not trying to be “holier than thou” and I’m not saying I’m superior. I’m just someone who was raised in the country that has a very deep respect for the whitetail deer. I love hunting as much as anyone, but I also love watching and learning from deer as well. Deer are my passion. I’m not into freakish racks that would outscore an elk. It wouldent mean anything to me to be GUIDED, wether it was low fence or not. If I can’t do it on my own, and enjoy the process, I’ll find another hobby. I apologize to everyone, but don’t tell me I don’t have a brain or know how to use it. I can see I’m in the minority here and to tell you the truth it feels disappointing. You can bash me all you want. We can have different opinions and sometimes we all get a little heated.

Comment

Op, please PM me, I’ll offer whatever the land owner wants for the deer just to make the anti-HF people’s eye twitch and we can donate half or whatever the landowner feels is fair to Wounded Warriors.
        This has got to be the most generous thing I’ve seen. Donating to my wounded brothers and sisters. GOD BLESS YOU AND YOURS SIR!

Comment

Solid offer, I wish to be the owner of the ranch I take you on the offer.

Comment

Originally posted by SRK14 View Post
            I owe an explanation for how I feel. I have had conversations with non hunters over the years about hunting, and on multiple occasions I have heard “I can’t believe people hunt in fences” during these conversations. I’ve always known the operations existed, but have always turned a blind eye to it and never was interested in doing any high fence hunting. But after I see what the non hunters think hunting is, it makes me feel bad.. yes, I understand how pressure affects deer. Yes, it can be hard to find a deer with a helicopter or whatever. I GET IT. But I also see the bad picture it paints for us as outdoorsman. I’m not trying to be “holier than thou” and I’m not saying I’m superior. I’m just someone who was raised in the country that has a very deep respect for the whitetail deer. I love hunting as much as anyone, but I also love watching and learning from deer as well. Deer are my passion. I’m not into freakish racks that would outscore an elk. It wouldent mean anything to me to be GUIDED, wether it was low fence or not. If I can’t do it on my own, and enjoy the process, I’ll find another hobby. I apologize to everyone, but don’t tell me I don’t have a brain or know how to use it. I can see I’m in the minority here and to tell you the truth it feels disappointing. You can bash me all you want. We can have different opinions and sometimes we all get a little heated.
            Nobody is telling you that you don’t have a brain bud, and I won’t speak for all, but all I am saying is don’t talk down on something that is pretty obvious you don’t know anything about.

I was also raised in the country and on a ranch as well, as I’m sure many on here were, and my passion above all else besides my family is deer. I also owned a high fence ranch for 12 years where we raised deer. We poured everything we had into raising those deer and it costs a lot of money, time, patience and effort to raise and manage the animals we had. You have to be very disciplined to grow an animal of the size the OP is offering and I’ll give them credit where it’s due for growing that deer. My wives family also owned Los Cazadores out of Pearsall for over 20 years, I only say that to show how passionate we really are about deer. We love everything about them, even the science behind growing them. I have owned HF and leased low fence, deer are deer and I try to grow them to their full potential no matter how high the fence is.

I also know there are some HF ranches that some people may say “give HF ranches a bad name”. That is some people’s business and how they feed their families, I won’t ever knock them for that because I can assure you it’s not cheap, I have been there. Some HF places are a whole lot easier to hunt than other. I can refer you to a few HF ranches that are heavily managed and you have an opportunity at a real trophy, but you may go sit in a stand all weekend and see 3 does each hunt. The point I’m making is, don’t group all HF ranches together because they are all very different.

I try to stay quite when I see people post about HF ranches but sometimes I can’t help it. The OP asked a simple question about how much a deer could potentially be worth, if you don’t have a guesstimate on price, I’d hit the back space and move on down the thread because he didn’t ask anyone’s opinion on HF deer.

Okay, rant over, happy hunting and OP, my offer still stands just PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by SRK14 View Post
              You proved my point.

And I don’t care what an anti hunter thinks.

I’ve hunted several HF places. Most all were 5k+ acres and native genetics. No big freak deer. You’re letting the handful of small kick and shoot operations blind you to the truth. Not to mention breeder operations.

When you speak with an anti hunter, if deer actually are your passion as you say, you should be able to explain to them the difference. And WHY a lot of those high fences went up. You had an opportunity to help an outsider see the truth but instead you choose to not be educated on the subject and missed a large teaching lesson.

Comment

Nobody is telling you that you don’t have a brain bud, and I won’t speak for all, but all I am saying is don’t talk down on something that is pretty obvious you don’t know anything about.

I was also raised in the country and on a ranch as well, as I’m sure many on here were, and my passion above all else besides my family is deer. I also owned a high fence ranch for 12 years where we raised deer. We poured everything we had into raising those deer and it costs a lot of money, time, patience and effort to raise and manage the animals we had. You have to be very disciplined to grow an animal of the size the OP is offering and I’ll give them credit where it’s due for growing that deer. My wives family also owned Los Cazadores out of Pearsall for over 20 years, I only say that to show how passionate we really are about deer. We love everything about them, even the science behind growing them. I have owned HF and leased low fence, deer are deer and I try to grow them to their full potential no matter how high the fence is.

I also know there are some HF ranches that some people may say “give HF ranches a bad name”. That is some people’s business and how they feed their families, I won’t ever knock them for that because I can assure you it’s not cheap, I have been there. Some HF places are a whole lot easier to hunt than other. I can refer you to a few HF ranches that are heavily managed and you have an opportunity at a real trophy, but you may go sit in a stand all weekend and see 3 does each hunt. The point I’m making is, don’t group all HF ranches together because they are all very different.

I try to stay quite when I see people post about HF ranches but sometimes I can’t help it. The OP asked a simple question about how much a deer could potentially be worth, if you don’t have a guesstimate on price, I’d hit the back space and move on down the thread because he didn’t ask anyone’s opinion on HF deer.

Okay, rant over, happy hunting and OP, my offer still stands just PM me.
                Hello OP.... just bumping this to make sure its seen. Dang swell deal here. Hope it works out

Comment

Working...
                X