Home appliances

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home appliances

We will be completing our home build in the next couple months and need all new appliances. I feel like I have read just about every review out there and still cant decide on the best bang for my buck. So, what is a good all around brand? I do not need a TV screen on my fridge or a see through window....just has to all be electric. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

We have a Kenmore fridge that the compressor just went out on. Bought it 4 years, 9 months ago. Luckily the compressor has a 5 year warranty and it was fixed free of charge. If it wasn’t under warranty, it was going to be $1100 to fix. Needless to say, we would have been fridge shopping and Kenmore wouldn’t have been on our list. We’ve got a Whirlpool double oven that I’ve been impressed with. Both ovens cook evenly. My in-laws just had the motherboard and fan go out in their Kitchen Aid double oven and it’s less than a year old.

Comment

The only appliance I've become deadset on being a certain brand is the dishwasher. After much trial and error on hard well water I strongly recommend Bosch.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

My appliance repair guy says avoid Samsung---all their manuals are written in "chinglish" and the parts have a long ship time.

Comment

We built a few years ago and go Whirlpool appliances for everything. Very happy with them.

Comment

Thank you all for the replies, truly appreciated. Open to any other opinions as well, whirlpool will be on top of the list.

Comment

I was told by multiple people the Samsung and LG were junk.

After tons of research (by my wife) we went with GE Profile cooktop, double wall oven, refrigerator and dishwasher being delivered next week. New construction too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by apkleinschmidt View Post
                The only appliance I've become deadset on being a certain brand is the dishwasher. After much trial and error on hard well water I strongly recommend Bosch.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
                Ditto on this. Got the wants for a new fridge now.

Comment

Only "new appliance" we had to recently buy was our Gas stove. My wife loves gas cooking so we visited all the Box Stores (Lowes, Home Depot, etc.,) and ended up buying a GE from a local dealer. They beat the box stores prices, delivered, took away the old one with no charge and we/Momma is thrilled. Had it for about 3 months now and it's great. So if you have any local dealers check with them and give them a chance on price and service.

The only Samsung product we have is the microwave and have not had any issues with it, about 6 years old. But, every store we looked at, including some that sold the Samsung brand were not very enthusiastic with few positive comments.

Everyone has different experiences but this was ours and a good choice. Oh, we also have 2 fridges in our kitchen (GE and Kenmore) and so far no issues other than a ice maker problem on the GE. Both of these units are 5+ yrs old.

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
                    My appliance repair guy says avoid Samsung---all their manuals are written in "chinglish" and the parts have a long ship time.
                    The contractor that did our kitchen remodel last year also said to avoid Samsung. We went with all KitchenAid and have not been disappointed

Comment

Coming from someone that has worked on appliances since 2001 and grew up working on them none of the brands are made like they used to be unfortunately. It’s hard to say one brand anymore because you can buy Kenmore and it may be built by whirlpool, lg and now some refrigerators are made by daywoo (however you spell that). I do recommend staying away from Samsung for sure and I personally have LG front load washer and dryer but wouldn’t buy anything else LG. Main thing I tell people when buying appliances is keep it simple. The more bells and whistles and features the more stuff to go wrong. I would stick would whirlpool or kitchen aid mostly. Whirlpool now owns Maytag, roper, kitchen aid, and Amana so even though it says whirlpool on it it may be a Maytag model. Kitchen aid sometimes has a longer warranty though.

Comment

Ive had samsung everthing, and im phasing out as much of it as i can. Ive learned to fix em all myself via youtube. Im sold on bosch at this point. Il be going full bosch on the next go round

Comment

Good luck getting some. Been waiting 4 weeks on HD to deliver a stove and fridge. Now saying could be September before they are in.
                          America really screwed up letting all manufacturers go overseas. We haven't seen the wort of this yet.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

IWe bought our first home in 1993, ne build, and it came equipped with all Whirlpool appliances. All original appliances were still in the house when we sold it in 2007. We bought our second home in 2007, and it also had Whirlpool appliances (new build). Thirteen years later all appliances are still going strong. I have also heard to avoid Samsung refrigerators.

Comment

I’m going with Thermadoor range, microwave drawer, dishwasher and the side by side fridge freezer will be Fridgedair Professional. I would have liked to have everything match but it’s not worth the additional 7 to 8 k for the Thermadoor fridge freezer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X