No announcement yet.

Hot, hot and more hot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You fellas act surprised! I'm thankful we went to throw feed last weekend in Uvalde. Its gonna be over 100 there all weekend too. Makes that 95 last weekend feel like AC.

Comment

I was at our lease north of Pumpville in June of 2018 and it was 113 when I got to camp and the thermometer said 116 by 4 PM. Even with 3 air conditioners running we could get the temperature down to only 89, even at night. I started to sleep in my ice chest it was so freaking hot.

Comment

Originally posted by breederbuck33 View Post
        You fellas act surprised! .

We've had it pretty mild the last few summers...compared to the past, anyway. Was hoping for more of the same through July at least..

Hoping for a 95 deg cool front next time I'm able to make it out there.

Comment

I've seen 116 on my cell cameras a couple times this year already in SE Webb County, (South of Mirando City)... Just wait, it gets hot in August! Just gettin' warmed up now...

Comment

Im gonna go sit in the tree in the morning and try to shoot a piggy in the face. Should be cool enough to make it till bout 7:30. Lol they been hittin the feeder about 6:30.

Comment

Was at the ranch yesterday checking cams and trimming brush---about an hour or two was all I wanted. Planning on a sit Sunday evening, but that is supposed to be the hottest day. Fortunately I will have the winds right in my face--

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
                Was at the ranch yesterday checking cams and trimming brush---about an hour or two was all I wanted. Planning on a sit Sunday evening, but that is supposed to be the hottest day. Fortunately I will have the winds right in my face--

Man, don't you overheat out there!! A night sit shouldn't be too bad. When the sun is beating down combining radiation with the heat, it's just not good for us who have had a bunch of summers come and go to be out in it!

Comment

For those that hunt near Del Rio it's only 106 and feels like 114... You just need to keep telling yourself that it's not really that hot

Comment

I believe July 22 is the start of the Canicula. Ends August 22. 30 days of extreme heat. For Laredo that means 108+ for a month. Hang on to your sweaty giblets and move slow. Safe hunting bros.

Comment

My Dad always said only 2 reasons to hate Mills county, July and August! I’m getting old enough to believe him. Older you get the more the heat bothers you.

Comment

100 here in Rogers but feels like 110!

Comment

Holy Batman it hot

Get ready for Sunday-Tuesday
                          105 or 107

Comment

I hunt in Texas.

It gets hot

Shocked face here. >}.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                              I hunt in Texas.

It gets hot

Shocked face here. >}.
                              Cuidado

Didn’t you have a cardiac event this year ?
                              Dad and I had A good friend that died from heat intolerance
                              Doing some light fence work on a “ warm “ day
                              Heat intolerance keeps kicking my butt after getting heat exhaustion & also being on BP med’s Now

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                                Cuidado

Didn’t you have a cardiac event this year ?
                                Dad and I had A good friend that died from heat intolerance
                                Doing some light fence work on a “ warm “ day
                                Heat intolerance keeps kicking my butt after getting heat exhaustion & also being on BP med’s Now
                                I did. Hasn’t bothered me so far. Fingers crossed.

Comment

Working...
                                X