School me on Class B and C Motorhomes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

School me on Class B and C Motorhomes

I've been eyeing a lightly used motorhome for a few years. I want one I can pull my boat with. 20ft jon boat.

What's the difference between Class B and Class C?

Is this a money pit? Horror stories?

Anybody love them?

I would consider class b a high top can with no separate bedroom. A class c is still on a van or truck chassis but will have a lot more room and features. The class C's under 30ft have thenbestvresale market in the RV industry

Comment

We just got back from the Grand Canyon in our class C 31ft and no problems. A lot more space in a class C. Drives like a regular 2500 truck to me. We have a big slide which makes it really nice. We just bought it in Feb and that was our first real trip. It is a 2006 and had 28000 miles on it when we bought it for $25k. It was well taken care of with a new onan ginny, roof and tires. Next thing we will get is a car dolly to tow a small car with us. They are all some what of a money pit. Depends on how often you use them.

Comment

Good feedback guys. So, either a Class B or C should be able to pull my boat?

Comment

Originally posted by JustinB View Post
          Good feedback guys. So, either a Class B or C should be able to pull my boat?
          C yes no problem.

I have driven thousands and thousands of miles over the years in a 15 passenger van ( basically a class B rig) with 6-7 golfers towing an 8 ft enclosed trailer with bags and luggage.
          I had to stop two years ago due to safety reasons with 15 passenger vans. Now I drive a Class C chassie school rig carrying all the same things.

Hands down the class C is better.

For just a John boat. You have to decide. I think a B would be fine too.
          CareyB works with them everyday. He knows the scoop!

Comment

Anybody got a Class C with the new 7.3 Ford gasser and new chassis? How do they compare to the Ford V10?

I've seen videos of the V10 struggling mightily uphill.

Comment

I've owned a bunch...……..
              Out of all of'em………………….
              I prefer the Class C...…………...with a V8 gas or diesel...…….

Comment

Either one will pull your boat. Class B, a lot less room and costs more, go figure. Class C a lot more livable and costs less than a B. We've had a Class A and a C. The C is much easier to drive, like said above, not much different than a truck. I'd go with a C unless you want to be able to park it like a van.

Comment

Unfortunately, there are no "perfect" RV's. There are positives and negatives to any kind you get. For me personally, I like our slide in truck camper. We have a Northern Lite 8.11 SE and love it. It is a hard side with no slides and is a true 4 season camper.

The reason we decided on a slide in is because of the following two main reasons:
                  1. Allows me to easily pull my ATV's and trailer, or boat (or any other trailer type).
                  2. I don't have to deal with another "vehicle" in terms registration and maintenance like you do with a motorhome.

Of course, they are a lot smaller so it you have a family it may be out of the question. It is just my wife and I so we don't need the room of a larger RV at this point. Probably when we retire and want to travel longer distances for months at a time we will look at a motorhome. On the motor home side, I really like the Leisure Travel Van Unity series. They are really pricey but are also capable of taking just about anywhere.

Any motorhome you get is going to easily be capable of towing a jon boat. If you are looking at used motorhomes, you would be well advised to have a certified RV technician check it over very well for you. Spending a couple of hundred dollars having that done will potentially save you thousands down the road.

Good luck with your choice!

Comment

Working...
                  X