No announcement yet.

Simplisafe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I forgot to add that it comes with a camera but I don't think we need it cause nobody can stand the siren and the police response is awesome.

Comment

I might have exaggerated the “practically unlimited” language (I’m on my third or fourth margarita, I forget which). I guess my real question is this: do I really gain anything by recording a break-in when it happens? I’ve never heard of a successful conviction due to a visual recording.

That said, I’d like to have one at my front door for those times when someone comes a-knockin’. At least I’ll know whether or not to answer the door based on whether or not I see a contractor or a solicitor. Other than that, I don’t see the advantage to having them.

Please tell me if you think my thinking is off...with or without the tequila-based beverages.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
        I might have exaggerated the “practically unlimited” language (I’m on my third or fourth margarita, I forget which). I guess my real question is this: do I really gain anything by recording a break-in when it happens? I’ve never heard of a successful conviction due to a visual recording.

That said, I’d like to have one at my front door for those times when someone comes a-knockin’. At least I’ll know whether or not to answer the door based on whether or not I see a contractor or a solicitor. Other than that, I don’t see the advantage to having them.

Please tell me if you think my thinking is off...with or without the tequila-based beverages.
        Truth be told, I'm not counting on the camera. I want to prevent theft and not have to worry about court. I hope I answered your question.

Comment

You did. Thanks.

Comment

I have thought about "inventing" (probably already exists, it may even be in this thread but I didn't read everything)
            A camera that recognizes a face, quickly zooms in, tracks the face, focuses, and uploads to your home. You could do your own faces so that none get sent to you of people you store in a database. That would probably be the only useful camera system...

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
              I have thought about "inventing" (probably already exists, it may even be in this thread but I didn't read everything)
              A camera that recognizes a face, quickly zooms in, tracks the face, focuses, and uploads to your home. You could do your own faces so that none get sent to you of people you store in a database. That would probably be the only useful camera system...
              That sounds like an awesome idea but I know it is way above my pay grade.

Comment

already exists.....

Comment

Thoughts on putting one in your vehicle

Comment

Originally posted by camoclad View Post
                    Thoughts on putting one in your vehicle
                    would work, cept you need direct current.

Comment

they may have a 12v adapter though

Comment

I've got a plug in my truck. It could charge when I'm driving and run off the built in battery when I'm not? Having an alarm, instant notifications and video for a truck security system seems like a good idea....idk though

Comment

Originally posted by camoclad View Post
                          I've got a plug in my truck. It could charge when I'm driving and run off the built in battery when I'm not? Having an alarm, instant notifications and video for a truck security system seems like a good idea....idk though
                          I agree.

Comment

Im looking into this system as well.... I got a question, lets say in the middle of the night one of the kids gets up to get a drink or something and the motion detects them, what happens, and immediate alarm siren and a time period to clear it?

Comment

Originally posted by MasonCo. View Post
                              Im looking into this system as well.... I got a question, lets say in the middle of the night one of the kids gets up to get a drink or something and the motion detects them, what happens, and immediate alarm siren and a time period to clear it?
                              Good question. When I purposely set off the alarm by walking past the monitor after opening the door, it takes 60 seconds to go off. I always have my remote in hand and immediately disarm it, happy that it went off. When I don't need to check it, I key in our code next to the door, remember, you have 60 seconds to do so before the alarm goes off. So, in your scenario, I think having an extra remote hidden nearby for just such occasions would be a good idea.

Comment

Working...
                              X