I now have fleas in my yard!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I now have fleas in my yard!!

How do I get rid of them? Is there something that I can use which is safe for plants and pets? Help is appreciated

diatomaceous earth

Comment

permethrin

Comment

Originally posted by Ouch View Post
        permethrin
        Is that the same stuff that keeps mosquitoes away?

Comment

Pan with soapy water and a light over it at night. They will come to the light and jump in and drown. Seriously, it works.

Comment

Originally posted by Hookem2255 View Post
            Is that the same stuff that keeps mosquitoes away?
            It certainly helps. I bought a quart in early summer for $15. Sprayed the yard twice and have 3/4 qt remaining.1

Originally posted by Tmag View Post
            Pan with soapy water and a light over it at night. They will come to the light and jump in and drown. Seriously, it works.
            This does work. Use a white or galvanized "pan" so you can see how many you get each night. Leave it out every night until you don't see the little boogers in your pail. Move it around the yard nightly.

Comment

Bifenthrin will knock them out. I paid a guy to come out and treat our yard a few years ago and that is what he used.

Comment

Get some beneficial nematodes. Nematodes feed on flea larvaes. You can spray them on the yard....

Comment

I wood use a poysun from da home depoe

Comment

I used to always battle it out with fleas. Until i put my dogs on comfortis one pill a month for my three dogs no more fleas it kills every flea that bits your dog within a month all of our fleas were gone and we had a pretty bad infestation inside and ouy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                      I wood use a poysun from da home depoe
                      You got jokes huh

Comment

x2 on the Comfortis.

if you want an estimate for treating the yard call me at 512-848-8172

Comment

Use garlic salt in dog and cat foods for your pets. It will help fleas stay away from it. I use triazicide in spring when I know we will be getting rain the day after. I know it is powerful pesticide. As far as organic. I'm not sure. Others have say permethrin or diametiscus. (sp) may be better than Triazicide. I only use one a year. It helps along with garlic salt in the food bowl. Good luck.

Comment

Banana peels and diatenaciuos earth

Comment

Originally posted by Ouch View Post
                              permethrin
                              This was the ONLY thing I found to get rid of them! They are the spawn of the devil! I had em in the house so bad that I couldn't stay there! I diluted it down and sprayed everywhere for two in & outside!
                              The flea bombs are like water to gremlins & a lot wasted money!

Good Luck!!

Comment

Working...
                              X