teal reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by b.latiolais View Post
    So, does anyone think the front might actually push the birds too far south and make this weekend "not so great"?
    The majority of the ducks haven't arrived, from what I've read. So I think it'll push a good amount down here.
    Last edited by Snacks; 09-11-2014, 08:32 AM.

Comment

So, does anyone think the front might actually push the birds too far south and make this weekend "not so great"?
      Im no expert but we kill teal down here all the way through January.

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
        Same here and im in N. TX. Drove over one of my spot this morning on my way to work and it is covered up in Gaddies, teal are still scattered.

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
          We kill BWT mainly up till around mid November and once a big cold front comes in we kill a lot of GWT all the way to end of season!!

Comment

txbowhunter, where yall hunting? I saw alot on Stillhouse opening day of dove season. PM me, I'll tell ya where!

Comment

We saw a couple groups of 30-40 birds while brushing our blinds last weekend in SW La.

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
                txbowhunter, where yall hunting? I saw alot on Stillhouse opening day of dove season. PM me, I'll tell ya where!
                Lake namer pm sent

Comment

I need the lakes to fill up in my area

Comment

The birds we are seeing now are only the front of the migration. In my opinion, looking at temps further north of us, it MIGHT push our current birds down a little, but I think ultimately, it will bring down more birds than we have right now. Should be prime as this little front is great timing. Sunday may be better than Saturday.

Comment

Yesterday evening in china tx I saw 3 different groups of 20-30 birds while dove hunting............. im no biologist BUT the teal aren't here in full force yet BUT I really think that this front will push quite a few birds down and if this one doesn't the next one will with out a doubt......happens like this every year down here.........no birds today then 1 front and birds everywhere tomorrow!

Just wish I had a place to hunt em this year but I screwed off and didn't secure a field and therefore have no place to hunt lol so I took that optional OT this weekend...........if I can't hunt I may as well make some MONEY!!!

Comment

None in the marsh around Corpus, but hopefully the rain this weekend will flood some of the low grassy mud flats and they'll start showing in there.

Comment

low numbers in katy and in Matagorda from last year. hope this cold front will make them move.

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Bud View Post
                            None in the marsh around Corpus, but hopefully the rain this weekend will flood some of the low grassy mud flats and they'll start showing in there.
                            Have been looking south or north of corpus?

Comment

I have just over 200 acres flooded this year on my lease in between Victoria and Sea Drift. I've been checking it every few days. 3 days ago I didn't see any teal but yesterday I saw 3 different flocks of about 15-20 birds each. They are just starting to show and I bet this little cold front coming through will bring a bunch more. Wish we could shoot Mexican ducks during the early season as I got a whole mess of them and they always leave right before the regular season starts. Don't think I will hunt this weekend though as I will let all the other hunters on the surrounding properties push them around and hope a bunch take refuge on my place and then hunt them during the week.

Comment

There is a lot more down around high island/Winnie area right now than there was this time last year but the numbers I have seen still are not that impressive. I am heading to Chama, NM for 6 days tomorrow morning to chase elk so I am not too concerned about it!

White's Ranch Road to be exact for the locals.

Comment

Working...
                                X