jeans at a funeral

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HDWRENCH View Post
    Look the best you can , with that said I have seen where a dress code should have been enforced . Some things jut do not belong , pants falling off their arse, tee shirt with a pot leaf on it , nasty dirty feet in sandals . Some things are just wrong though do NOT dress like your trying to get on the " people of Walmart page"
    You been near my kin?

Comment

My funeral will be black tie only

Comment

Originally posted by Young gun 12 View Post
        acceptable or not? the starched jeans got me wondering because im going to a funeral tomorrow and really dont want to wear a suit

Yep, Starched and new.
        All I wear with a sports sport jacket. Dont own a suit.

Comment

If you are really determined to show the world how white trash you are, wear jeans to a funeral. You could buy a pair of slacks for way cheaper than cinch or another fancy brand of jeans.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
            You been near my kin?

I have been in the walmart in Eastland does that count ..

Comment

City Crowd probably not. Rural crowd probably so. I've been asked to not wear a suit several times in the past.

Nice jeans, Starched, button down shirt, Sport coat and dress boots.
              Last edited by Fmjag64; 11-12-2018, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hdwrench View Post
                i have been in the walmart in eastland does that count ..

Comment

Originally posted by Hank Hill View Post
                  You plan to have Burnadell as the bouncer? Already paid him in advance?

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
                    City Crowd probably not. Rural crowd probably so. I've been asked to not wear a suit several times in the past.

Nice jeans, Starched, button down shirt, Sport coat and dress boots.
                    If you are asked to dress a certain way, that's a different ball game. I've been to both funerals and weddings that the western look was requested. I've got no problem with that. But, if a request is not made, I will wear my suit.

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
                      No. If you have better, then wear it, show some respect. I figure if you thought enough to dress up in your wedding, then do the same here.

I got married in golf pants and a Columbia shirt ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                        Several, so did my grandad. And there's not a place they ever wore them I can't go and be dressed respectfully without a suit.
                        I am certain you were told just as I was that every grown man should own a suit. I am also certain the men that told you were as well respected as the ones that told me. The way I see it is its a few hours so put on your big boy britches and suck it up. No disrespect but you know what I am saying.. just one of those things you do.

Comment

Originally posted by Hank Hill View Post

Can I ask why?

What difference will it make and how would you ever know if it wasn’t?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by myway View Post
                            I am certain you were told just as I was that every grown man should own a suit. I am also certain the men that told you were as well respected as the ones that told me. The way I see it is its a few hours so put on your big boy britches and suck it up. No disrespect but you know what I am saying.. just one of those things you do.
                            You know, I don't recall if I've been told that or not... Most things I'm told by those men, I follow and do not question. I do know what you are saying. To me it's just something you do...for no **** reason. I don't view it as less respectful for someone to wear nice starched jeans, casuals (or khakis), nice boots, a button down, and maybe a sport coat....than a suit. I think suits, aside from being un-comfortable, and impractical....are stupid looking.

Comment

I think it depends on who died and what their family was like.

The way I see it is why be "that guy" when someone just lost a loved one.

The worse you dress gives off the vibe that you really don't want to be there.

To each his own.

Comment

Originally posted by meat>horns View Post
                                If you are really determined to show the world how white trash you are, wear jeans to a funeral. .

I've personally never worn jeans to a funeral.....but have nothing against them.....

That being said, that quote might make the top ten dumbest things I have read on TBH in my time here......

I can't recall thinking any less of folks who wore what they had at either of my grandparents funerals, Jaspros TBH funeral or any other funeral I have attended. Honestly I don't remember thinking about what anybody else was wearing (especially the dudes) because I'm not metrosexual. I was there to pay my respects with attendance and support the family of the deceased or my own family.

Last edited by Smart; 11-12-2018, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X