No announcement yet.

Who works 4-10's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We used to work 4 - 10's Mon thru Thursday and 5 on Friday. That got us off at noon on Friday and still got 5 hours overtime. The hourly guys loved it.

Comment

Huh. I work 28-13's. 4-10s wouldn't be bad.

Comment

I work 4-10s, Monday-Thursday 6am-4pm. Wouldn't have it any other way. Love 3 days off every week.

Comment

sir shovelhands;13733963]Huh. I work 28-13's. 4-10s wouldn't be bad.

Yeah, sounds like I am in the same boat. I work 28days on/14 days off at 13hrs a day. They say 14 days off but with travel its only about 11-12 days off.

Comment

I work 5 12s, then 8 on Saturday. Would love to have some of yalls schedules.

Comment

In a two week rotation I work 6 12's and one 8. On Sun-Weds, off Thurs-Sun, on Mon-Weds, and then off Thurs-Sat. Having 3 and 4 days off in a row (when I don't pick up side work) is great.

Comment

Originally posted by mww982 View Post
                In a two week rotation I work 6 12's and one 8. On Sun-Weds, off Thurs-Sun, on Mon-Weds, and then off Thurs-Sat. Having 3 and 4 days off in a row (when I don't pick up side work) is great.
                I lived that schedule when I worked at the PD.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

I work 4-10’s.
                  Monday - Thursday, 5:30 - 3:30.
                  Friday morning feels like Saturday.
                  Sat feels like Sunday.
                  And Sunday is just great.

Comment

I work 5 12s or 13 even. Weekends off usually. Its a beating

Comment

4 -10s was a nice schedule just with the days off.... now I average 6- 17 hour days and Sundays are split up amongst us.

Comment

It sounds great but it's not all sunshine and rainbows out here. We've been in outage since September 5th and yesterday was the first day I personally worked less than 12. Most days have been 13-14 with the occasional 16 or 17 thrown in for good measure lol.

To answer a couple of questions......

I'm not sure why he wants to throw in a five day week in between and I'm not sure he knows either. The only thing he's mentioned so far is that it would be easier to sell that schedule to Management.

As far as only having one Electrician, we have Contractors on site and they would maintain their five day, 40 hour schedule.

Comment

I have and I miss it. I was working for USAirways before the merger with AA. In fact it was one reason I was so interested in my current position, but I quickly found out AA wouldn't allow engineers to work 4-10's. That bummed me out, that 3 day weekend was a nice break. I also worked a 9/80 schedule for a different company and that was ok too. Not enough employers put thought into work life balance, they just expect endless hours. Sure money is nice, but not when you have no time to enjoy it.

Comment

4-10s ... the ideal shift.

Comment

I wish. Before I retired I worked five tens most weeks and sometimes a half day on Saturday. Pulled a lot of all nighters too. Can't recall ever working a straight 40 hour week. I was salaried so that explains a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                                I wish. Before I retired I worked five tens most weeks and sometimes a half day on Saturday. Pulled a lot of all nighters too. Can't recall ever working a straight 40 hour week. I was salaried so that explains a lot.
                                ^Same here. But far from retirement. Just getting started.

Comment

Working...
                                X