Youth Weekend Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
    I bet that little gun doesn't kick a lick!!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    No it doesn’t hardly have any recoil. It has a nice recoil pad as well. He was scared of it at first last year. Once he shot it he realized there was nothing to it. I even like shooting it. I’m just a big kid anyway

Comment

We will have 3 youth shooters in camp, including my goofball. Both his grandads will be there, so hopefully he can get his first buck on the ground. We'll be passing does, but not pigs.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
        We will have 3 youth shooters in camp, including my goofball. Both his grandads will be there, so hopefully he can get his first buck on the ground. We'll be passing does, but not pigs.
        Exactly our plan. She'll be looking for her 2nd buck but no does allowed. Pigs are shot on sight no questions asked! Good luck to you guys and the kido's!

Comment

Taking the kids quail hunting this weekend then youth duck the following.

Comment

Originally posted by pervis View Post
            Taking the kids quail hunting this weekend then youth duck the following.
            That's good times for the kids! Lots of shooting, who doesn't like that??

Comment

Unless the water gets out of my deer fields, looks like Youth Weekend is going to be a wash. My middle daughter and boy were hyped about getting out but looks like we will just be hanging out at camp.

Comment

Originally posted by No-Tox View Post
                Unless the water gets out of my deer fields, looks like Youth Weekend is going to be a wash. My middle daughter and boy were hyped about getting out but looks like we will just be hanging out at camp.
                Yea our place in Centerville is flood proof but I bet its gonna be a muddy weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by No-Tox View Post
                  My Trinity river places finally can see ground again so hopefully by 2nd week of November we can hunt them.

Comment

Originally posted by Dakota7493 View Post
                    I'll be out with my 10 year old son. Got himself a good doe last year. He tells me it's only a buck this year so we will see come Saturday!
                    Thanks! I'm thinking he'll be shaking like a leaf at the first thing that walks out and want to pull the trigger, but I'd just assume he shot a buck myself. Either way I'm excited about it. Sat in the blind a few weeks back and let him shoot from the window rest. He had a 1-inch group on 3 shots just left of bullseye at about 75 yards so I figure he's ready to lay something down. He's shooting some Hornady reduced load .243 shells.

Comment

Originally posted by elliscountyhog View Post
                      My Trinity river places finally can see ground again so hopefully by 2nd week of November we can hunt them.
                      Hopefully this next deluge coming won't mess y'all up! Ugh.... I'm done with this rain already.

Comment

In. Took my oldest (9) to our range to shoot his suppressed 6.8 yesterday. Just wanted to verify his ability prior to hitting the woods. I cracked up when he said, "fire in the hole!". 3 shots down range, and were packed up heading to the house. Good to go.

This was last spring. First turkey.
                        Attached Files

Comment

my kid will be hunting the back yard. We have some pretty good deer coming into the foodplot.

Comment

Originally posted by Palmetto View Post
                            In. Took my oldest (9) to our range to shoot his suppressed 6.8 yesterday. Just wanted to verify his ability prior to hitting the woods. I cracked up when he said, "fire in the hole!". 3 shots down range, and were packed up heading to the house. Good to go.

This was last spring. First turkey.
                            Good stuff right, best of luck to him this weekend!! That little gun looks wicked!

Comment

good luck to all and looking forward to the pics later on in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by buzzbait View Post
                                my kid will be hunting the back yard. We have some pretty good deer coming into the foodplot.
                                Cant beat that!! Get to sleep in and everything

Comment

Working...
                                X