OMG I'm already nervous!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG I'm already nervous!

Headed out tomorrow afternoon for the lease. Hog gun is good, dove gun is good....... but that's not really why I'm going. I'm going on my first ever for real white tail hunt with my recurve. I must have checked that bow 15 times tonight, string is good, rest is good, tab is worn but comfy. Broadheads are sharp enough to shave hairs off my arm. Only variable is me. I'm as wound up as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs and I'm still hours away from even leaving to head out. It's not buck fever as I don't hunt for antlers so it's got to be the stupid stomach churning anticipation of sending a shaft down range at something other than my target. I hope to heck I can make a good solid shot if and when the time comes. I know my comfortable range. I know where I'm accurate. I know........ but I'm still stupidly nervous.

Wish us luck and wish me the knowledge not to jerk the string, tweek my wrist, torque the bow or snatch at a shot that I shouldn't take.

Pure. Nerves. Out. Of. Control.

Richard.

Drink a few beers and take a Benadryl then when you wake up you will have slept all night and be too hung over to be nervous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck Junkers! You got this!

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Remember to breath when the first deer comes in. Maybe make a point of just watching and relaxing for a couple minutes if they're on corn and not too jumpy. At the very least, talk yourself through your shot process 3-4 times when you first hear them walking in. It helps a lot to remember what tasks need to be done.

You got this!

Comment

Good luck you will do fine!

Comment

Settle down now and get some sleep. I am sure you have killed a deer with a compound if you went trad. Getting the deer in that close is half the battle! As my cousin tells new bow hunters- everyone needs to bust their 'ch*rry' when bow hunting. Let er' fly. Dont be picky and get the first one down.

Good luck, and I am praying for you!

Comment

Good luck to you!

Comment

You'll be fine Richard. Have fun and enjoy the family out there.
                  In for pics.[emoji106]

Gary

Comment

You got this. Aim small miss small. Good luck.

“There's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.” -Fred Bear-

Comment

Good luck![emoji106]

Comment

Good luck...you’re gonna need it. Jk

Seriously good luck and trust in yourself

Comment

Dont think about it, just focus on a spot and your body will do the rest
                          Besides, if you miss your still going to remember it as the most thrilling shot you ever took.
                          I know from experience

Comment

Good luck. Bust a few cottontails first to take the edge off. If you can hit them, you can hit a deer.

Comment

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                              X