No announcement yet.

FCS week 39!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yee Haw! Awesome Malachai! And... Awesome Ellis!

Ill shoot the challenge in a day or two. Im returning to my Sarrels Short Riser Blueridge Longbow built for Ron Meloni. I just call it the Meloni Blueridge... 60” 58@38. Im going with 250screw in Abowyer Brown Bears. 340 easton carbon aftermath shafts w/3” feathers. Were just getting reacquainted. Time to paper tune.
    Last edited by Briar Friar; 01-26-2021, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Not to be bow flighty but...Im too novice to endeavor the Kodiak Magnum right now and itll be a while before I can get down to Bob for the Yukon repair. Quiero un Matador....ahora.

Comment

Curiousity got the better of me. Day 1...3 1/4”

Comment

FCS week 39!!

Shooting a new to me Toleke whip 64" 45#@28
          Using some off the shelf Easton 400 with a 100 grain target tip. (Auto disqualification I know) I don't have any broad head setups that I have shot yet. I'm sure these arrows are not "tuned" at all. I don't even know where to begin with that.

I'm still trying to learn form. I've shot enough to make my fingers go numb. Today I Switched from a glove to a tab and my fingers felt better.

4" away from being a hero but having fun!

Last edited by cattlelackranch; 09-25-2018, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Came home with a lot on my mind today and turned it loose before even coming to full draw! Needless to say it was a terrible shot! Followed it up with a couple decent shots but those don't count! My first shot for 3 days was my best!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Got some practice in yesterday with my son. My first shot was off. No score for me.

So we moved closer so he could get some shots in.

This morning I thought I was gonna do it.
              Nope... missed again. [emoji15]

I think I'm over thinking my first shot. Next three I was happy. It was the best 3 shot group I've put up.

Arrows don't line up because when I hit the target it bounces around a little changing impact direction.

Comment

Day 2 shot- 3 1/4”

I bare shaft tuned day before...for approximation...then paper tuned last night. I found out I needed to move my nock up (tears showed I was nock high but went down...got worse...went up...got better) and the 340 Carbon Aftermaths werent good for my desired front end load...tearing stiff even on longest shafts...Beman 400 Centershots got loaded. 75 grain brass inserts and 250 grain points. They gave me bullet holes in paper. I then indexed inserts for broadheads to lay horizontal. 652 grains. 21.5% FOC. 30 3/4” long. 11.2-11.4 gpp with my draw on this bow. Im working with just two arrows right now and gonna build more in the next couple days.

Yall have a great day.
                Byron

Comment

I put a new string on. By me eye'd the nock points. Got the string shot in and put the square on and was a half inch off. Now I know why I was shooting so high.
                  Makes a big difference.

Gary

Comment

Day 2 shot a little better: 1-9/16" (best I can tell)

Same 680-gr arrow 27% FOC, with Tuffhead broadhead, 70-lb recurve.

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

Comment

Day 2:
                      I fired off another VPA tipped missile this morning before running out the door to work.

Call it 5/8"(the black dot is the center, and where I was aiming. My tape got messed up by rain,and one strip of the masking tape fell off the marker)

Comment

I think you guys are ready for hunting season!

Some nice shots

Comment

Originally posted by Trumpkin View Post
                          Day 2:

I fired off another VPA tipped missile this morning before running out the door to work.

Call it 5/8"(the black dot is the center, and where I was aiming. My tape got messed up by rain,and one strip of the masking tape fell off the marker)

That's a bullet! Good shooting!!

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                            That's a bullet! Good shooting!!

Thanks! I had a horrible afternoon shooting session to make up for it .

Comment

Good shooting, y'all! Scary good, Malachi!

Comment

Yesterday was the first time I've had a chance to shoot this week, and I shot a lot setting up my new string, and working on my fixed crawl setting.

Today I worked on the crawl a bit more, and shot a couple of other challenges.

I know it will DQ me, but I'll shoot all three shots for here sometime tomorrow just to say I participated.

Rick

P.S.
                                Anyone have a clue as to why my string recipe topic got deleted?
                                I looked for it earlier today, and it's gone.

Comment

Working...
                                X