Lawn Sprinkler Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lawn Sprinkler Advice

We had some yard work done a few weeks back and evidently the crew sliced thru one of my rubber hoses feeder a sprinkler zone in the flower bed. I dug up the hose and replaced it. Now that zone stays on when I turn my feed water to the system. I can manually select different zones and they will turn on but I still have water pressure to the zone I "fixed".

Only thing I can think of is in all my digging I broke a wire that goes to that zone actuator and have created a short some how.

Any thoughts???

Any GS own a Lawn Sprinkler company in the Houston area .

Thanks

I am no sprinkler expert but have spent quite a bit of time installing them at our home and farm. I think your assessment is a good one and that you may have damaged the control wire to that zone.

Comment

So your irrigation zone is on when you run other zones? May be a bad solenoid completely unrelated to what happened with the cut line. Or you may have debris in your valve not allowing it to close properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

More than likely you got some debris in the line while it was broken and it got sucked up in the valve. A little rock or some trash in there wont let the diaphragm close. Remove the screws from the top of the valve and take off the lid. Pull the diaphragm and remove any debris. If it you don't immediately see the problem go ahead and flush it with the lid off. Put it back together and you should be good to go. Unless you have a master valve be sure to turn off your backflow before removing the screws and opening up the valve.

I found a video. It's super easy and will only take you a couple of minutes.

One of my zones keeps running continuously; it wont shut down unless I shut off the main water valve.

Comment

Post 3 and 4 sounds most likely to me.

Comment

Yes most likely you have something in the valve. As stated in #4
            LIC2616

Comment

I would bet money you have a piece of trash in the diaphragm of the valve that is not allowing it to close. Take the top of the valve off and clean it out.

Comment

Thanks guys will check the valve.

Comment

Working...
                X