No announcement yet.

Heli hog hunt questions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

don't forget to get a brass catcher. the two pilots I flew with made us have them so the casings didn't hit the prop.

Comment

Use tracer ammo if allowed. Take Bonine or Dramamine if you are prone to motion sickness. Install brass catcher.

Comment

I always use my M16 in full auto. 55 grain fmj always did the job just fine. Always shoot from the rear of the sounder to the front. That helps keep them in line going the same direction. If you shoot the front one first they will often scatter. I always carried 500 rounds per hour of flight time and have never run out of ammo. Red dot is the way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Speed Freak View Post
          Use a brass catcher, we had a brass cartridge land under foot control. That wasn't a good experience.
          We were told to get a brass deflector. The said TC Accessories was one the use a lot. It’s only $15 on Brownells.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
            I always use my M16 in full auto. 55 grain fmj always did the job just fine. Always shoot from the rear of the sounder to the front. That helps keep them in line going the same direction. If you shoot the front one first they will often scatter. I always carried 500 rounds per hour of flight time and have never run out of ammo. Red dot is the way to go.
            Good to know! That makes sense that if you shoot the lead pig, they would scatter.

Comment

Working...
            X