No announcement yet.

How many books do you read a year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I probably read 8-12 books a year, most of them business related (with a few sci-fi or history novels mixed in for pleasure). With little kids and demanding work schedules, my wife and I are stretched thin. I try to spend 15-30 min a night reading something...not always a book (the green screen can take that time on some nights).

Comment

I used to read voraciously. I actually got in trouble a lot in school because I'd be reading (for pleasure/leisure) in class. The last two years, fewer books because of the kiddos. But, still some? I think probably a handful per year. Podcasts and audiobooks, though..

Comment

Originally posted by wsteffen View Post
        45 - 50 books a year. I read some almost every night before bed.
        Me too. Its a great way to relax so that I can get to sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckley99 View Post
          I read two stats the other day that, if true, are really shocking.

- 42% of adults haven’t read a book (cover-to-cover) since college
          - 80% of households didn’t buy or read a book last year

So, on average, how many books do you read a year? (Audio books count)
          Do you have a source for the stats? I would be interested to ready about this.

Comment

0 - I cant think of anything more boring to me than sitting down still in a single spot and reading. The last book I read was several years ago about the settlement of the area I grew up in and currently live in and it took me about a month to get through the entire book because I couldn't go more than a few pages before I needed to stop and find something productive to do.

Comment

25 or so per year.

Comment

Read books everyday. Don't like reading on anything electronic. Like the feel of an actual book. That being said, I bet I average about 300 pages every other day.

Comment

0. I don’t even read the books to do my homework.... I get the Ebook and use the search function to do homework/tests

Comment

I read from 30 minutes to an hour every night. I read about 40 books last year - probably 2/3rds nonfiction, 1/3 fiction.

Comment

0- I do read a lot of articles and technical type things. If I spend the time reading I want to leave with some knowledge. That's not a slight to anyone, it's just a personal preference. I know a lot of people enjoy it. If it's a good book they will make a movie. I'll get the basic premise from that in a couple hours. "It's not as good as the book",I get that a lot. But if I don't read the book, I'm none the wiser.

Comment

Probably somewhere between 30 and 50, depending on the subject and length of the books.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

3 or 4 at a time. I have no idea how many that translates to in a year - I'm still reading DEMOCRACY IN AMERICA FROM JEFFERSON TO LINCOLN, which I started about two years ago. Otoh, I finished TUXEDO PARK, THE BURGLARY, and RED NOTICE, each in a week or less because they were fun and fast reads.

Working on book #3 in my Mark Twain 24 book set. That's just for spare time reading.... but MT is always fun, and still deserves to be read.

Comment

Ive been trying to start reading books more. I currently read a lot but like a few others have said, its mostly information based articles online, not books.

Comment

Zero... reading puts me to sleep and I’ve got too much to do. If it’s that good I’ll catch the movie when it comes out.

Comment

I read about 50 a year with 1/2 being on my ipad. Just download random books and start reading them.

Comment

Working...
                                X