Polaris Ranger 1000 or Mule Pro FXT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Krivoman View Post
    The New Pro's are really nice. They ride nice, low noise for sure. But it appears that when designing this machine they ran out of money right before adding seats to the UTV. The seats are so basic and hard and thin. I can not believe that is the seat they chose for that machine. I would really consider buying one if they put better seats in them. The machine is a really nice machine other than the seats..
    I was wondering about that. My tushy has to be comfortable.

Comment

Friend has had a new mule a few months now and wishes he had stayed with another Polaris. His has been in the shop for overheat a couple times. Like said above the seats are about as cheap as it gets. He says it doesn't handle near as well not sure if it's a power steering difference or what.

Comment

Your dad owes it to himself to go try out the Honda Pioneer 1000-5. Quiet, 6 speed auto tranny with three different shift modes, power out the wazoo. Power steering, GREAT ride, large bed if you're not taking more than 3 people at a time. The turn radius will allow it to do a 360 inside the minimum radius of the Mule or Ranger Crews.. This is a serious machine, AND it's a HONDA... service, quality second to none. I had 15 bags of corn and tools plus a buddy of mine heading down one of our main caliche roads doin' 55 MPH with pedal left when I slowed it down a bit...

Comment

I just bought a mule fxt. The ranger wasn't an option for me given the history of so many issues. Hard to beat a 3 year factory warranty.

Comment

Drive a Can Am Defender before you make your choice. The HD8 and HD10 are nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
              Questions for those who know: Is the FXT really quieter than the Ranger? And which one is more comfortable to ride in?

I hope to be making the same decision soon as the OP. Carry on.
              Yes, they are definitely quieter. Motor wise and suspension wise.

Comment

The 3 year vs 6 month warranty is a big difference. I know the mule would be fine with one or two people. But if u get 4-5 grown men on one in gumbo mud, it could be a major disappointment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
                  I was wondering about that. My tushy has to be comfortable.
                  The seats suck... not uncomfortable but not at nice as the rangers. As far as bottoming out dragging ect I have never had that problem. I do have a lift on it and we did stiffen the suspension a little but I have had it loaded down with feed probably 12 bags or so with 2 bales of alfalfa. She rolled on just fine. Its def quiter than my BILs 900 and rides better. He gave the 900 to his kid and bought him a new FXT if that tells you anything. Warranty wss a big deal as well 3 years vs 6 months and you can add another 3 years for around 800-900 bucks .

Comment

Seems like most say mule...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If you do a search there are a few other threads with the same debate that might help you make your decision.

Comment

Just bought a 2017 ranger for work. Night and day difference from our 2013 ranger. That's just with short test drives around some sandy areas and the parking lot.

Comment

We purchased the mule because it fit our needs better.

My opinion was that the seats are more comfortable on the FXT. The opposite opinion of a few on here.

Pro fxt is quieter and rides like a Cadillac.

We had it loaded down with my dad, myself, my mother, my wife and my daughter with the sales guy and had ZERO issues going through the course at UVC. We aren't large people but not small either. All the men were around 200 and my wife and mother aren't stick figures.

Hard doors on the pro are a plus to me.

Convertible bed for extra space is a big plus.

Mule has a large 75 amp alternator as well.

Petformance wise the ranger is much better, but I personally don't want that. I wanted comfort and utility.

I firmly believe most the issues people have with these things is induced from lack of maintenance or operator error, but the Kawasaki gets 3 years on the warranty at no extra cost. Ranger gets 6 months... no brainer for me there.

Rangers get all the hype too that's why they are considerably more expensive when equipped similar to the mule pro.

My .02

Comment

Polaris Ranger 1000 or Mule Pro FXT

Mule is quieter, comfort to the Ranger..

Mules seats suck!

With that being said, I have had a Polaris ranger since 2009, single cab and then bought a 2015 crew.

I'm pleased with both of mine, repairs needed were usually from hold my beer & watch this moments.

The new Mules have come a long way, I think you will be happy with either one you choose..
                            Last edited by DamonJ; 08-25-2017, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X