Reloading Supplies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reloading Supplies

I am getting into reloading and wondering where are the cheapest places to buy Powder, Bullets, primmers and cases. I am only starting with the 6.5 Grendel for now and also looking for some recipes. Thanks in advance....
    Live on the south side of Houston

Just got my Grendel, but heard 223 cfe is good. Magazine titled ar15 has an orange cover, not latest issue but still on newsstand in grocery store has a whole article including reloading on Grendel. I got my dies at academy, stores vary. Midway runs deals on shipping periodically.

Comment

Not sure about cheapest but Big Guys in Pearland has one of the best supplies of powder. They have a waiting list for hard to find powders and will call you upon arrival.

Cabala's has a good supply of equip, books and consumables as does BPS. Another really good store but on the opposite of town is 10ring shooting, off of 290.

I order most all mine from Midway except powder due to the hazmat fee.

Comment

Spend money on quality dies.

I'm a Redding fan, there are other good ones as well.

You might find a local specialty shop, but it is easiest to buy online.

For powder and primers, I buy at gun stores, online when there are sales, and on forums.

Projectiles I just usually buy online.

Brass, I trade with other people to get what I need.

Comment

Here is what I have so far. I also have 150 bucks in Cabela's gift cards to get the powder, primmers and bullets. I have 120 rounds of brass already.
          Attached Files

Comment

Look at powder valley for components.

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
              Look at powder valley for components.
              Will do thanks

Comment

10ring in Houston was always good for me when I lived there. They are up near Willowbrook area. Smaller shop with competitive pricing, as well as a good supply of components. I always stop in when I get to town. Welcome to reloading, it doesn't save money, only allows you to shoot more!

Comment

Houston Reloading supplies. (web based) Great guy to deal with
                  Big Guys in Pearland... Excellent service.
                  Bailey's house of guns... but I don't spend any time in there.. its a get in and get out quick type of place due to clientele.. I've seen more guys holding their glocks turned horizontal for shooting there than anywhere.

Bass Pro
                  Cabelas
                  10ring

you might also check with Freedom Munitions.

Comment

I find that Baileys is more likely to have the powder I need at the price I am willing to pay. I buy powder and primers locally unless I can get enough quantity to make paying the HAZMAT worthwhile. Shooters Pro Shop online sells Nosler blems and over runs at good prices.

Comment

Great info here. Thanks

Comment

I'm new to the Houston area and have been looking for the same thing. So far I've found that Big Guys has much better prices and are more knowledgable than 10ring. I haven't checked in to Baileys, but it might be worth it.

If you ever want to do an online order from some place like Powder Valley we can split the Hazmat fee. Some of their powders are $10 less per lb than what I've seen at Bass Pro or 10ring.

Comment

Originally posted by stxhunter View Post
                          I'm new to the Houston area and have been looking for the same thing. So far I've found that Big Guys has much better prices and are more knowledgable than 10ring. I haven't checked in to Baileys, but it might be worth it.

If you ever want to do an online order from some place like Powder Valley we can split the Hazmat fee. Some of their powders are $10 less per lb than what I've seen at Bass Pro or 10ring.
                          I been Happy with Big Guys

Comment

Working...
                          X