My custom .308

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My custom .308

My newest adventure,Custom Remington .308, Shilen 24" bull barrel, Sendero H.S precision stock, today I ground down stock some & added a better recoil pad now has 13.5 LOP, I polished bolt, worked trigger down to about 1 1/2 lbs,added muzzle brake,has Leupold bases & Rings, NitreX 6-20x50 scope. Shot it for 1st time today, off my 4 wheeler @ 100 yards factory Hornady American Whitetail 150gr interlocks.I have never owned s better shooting rifle.

Wow!

Comment

Nice rifle. Now take her to 1000!!

You're not the only one to place lanterns by your fireplace.

Comment

Originally posted by UltraMax View Post
        Nice rifle. Now take her to 1000!!

You're not the only one to place lanterns by your fireplace.
        Thank you sir & better not , Lol I'm lucky to hit paper at 300 I'm not a great shooter

Comment

Originally posted by vanmedic View Post
          Thank you sir & better not , Lol I'm lucky to hit paper at 300 I'm not a great shooter
          I bet that rifle will make up where you're lacking if that's what you're doing at 100 off your 4 wheeler!

Comment

nice job---rifle looks & shoots great

Comment

Beautiful! And an impressive group!

Comment

Nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
                  I bet that rifle will make up where you're lacking if that's what you're doing at 100 off your 4 wheeler!
                  Don't know if it can make up that much😂 My sand bags were in my truck I loaned out got lucky & stopped

Comment

That is a great shooting. I wonder which of the factors you improved made the most significant difference. Others please chime in, if you have an idea.

Comment

Originally posted by refugioco View Post
                      That is a great shooting. I wonder which of the factors you improved made the most significant difference. Others please chime in, if you have an idea.
                      Trigger & Shilen barrel both huge differences I believe

Comment

Sweet rifle!

Comment

Originally posted by vanmedic View Post
                          Trigger & Shilen barrel both huge differences I believe
                          Just a quick internet search, it seems the barrel is cheaper than the stock. I may be looking at an upgrade to my remmy.

Comment

Just a quick internet search, it seems the barrel is cheaper than the stock. I may be looking at an upgrade to my remmy.
                            Are you looking at a turned threaded bull barrel drop in for cheaper than the stock?

Comment

Barrels don't cost too much. It's the cut/chamber/crown that costs.

Comment

Working...
                              X