Softside coolers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
    Same here, piece of junk. I just buy the $20 Bucees soft cooler bags now. Works fine for drinks. Usually get a couple years out of them.

Yep the cheap bucees ones work fine for anything I ever need a soft cooler for. Also recently learned that the Magellan live bait cooler (similar to Engel) works well for the same applications

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Don’t settle for FARTIC

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
        Are you all leaving these in the back of your truck or buggies all day in the sun? I got a Yeti Hopper 2 40 about 2 years ago and it’s still in perfect like new condition. There is no way I’d leave it exposed in the hot summer sun all day long over and over. It stays in the back seat of my truck or in the back cargo area of my 4Runner. I think a hard cooler is a much better choice for a truck bed/buggie bed cooler.
        No kidding, I have two Yeti’s and they are in perfect working order after years. Now they don’t keep ice as long as my Yeti cooler but still do a good job...

Comment

After I saw this thread earlier today I went and looked around and came across a new Yeti Roadie 24 with a shoulder strap that's apparently lighter weight and higher capacity than the old Roadie with the big steel carry handle. Found it online several places for $199. If I hadn't just bought that Otter soft cooler I'd be all over the Roadie 24 at that price.

Comment

Have had one of the smaller Yeti Flip 12 and it looks almost new after 3-4 years. It is kept inside except when i am using it. It has been in the back up my truck to our property and been on the back of my 4-wheeler going to the blind a bunch.
            Just bought my brother the Flip 18 for his b-day and my wife wanted the Hopper M30 with the Magnetic strip, so hopefully the last a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by 3DW5 View Post
              No kidding, I have two Yeti’s and they are in perfect working order after years. Now they don’t keep ice as long as my Yeti cooler but still do a good job...
              Same for me, bought my son one with the magnets and it is a lot easier to get in.

Comment

30 can Cooler 79.99

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                Before I buy another RTIC 30 can softside, is there any others for 99.00 that hold up good? Mine lasted 4 years before the sun dried it out. I seen a few other brands and they seem to look the same just higher priced. I bought one of the Walmart brands a few years ago for my kayak and it was garbage.

Yukon Outfitters @ Buc-ees
                Holds ice and the water proof phone pocket has been a life saver more than once.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                  Yeti zippers get stuck they suck

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
                  I had a Yeti that was great until I over stuffed it and busted the zipper. I just didn't want to spend that much money again. Does anyone know if they will make repairs to the zipper?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                    I still have one of the Gen 1 Yeti Hopper 30 that is 4/5 years old and still going strong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                    Me too.

I haven't abused it, but it's used weekly. Best softside cooler out there in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockley View Post
                      I had a Yeti that was great until I over stuffed it and busted the zipper. I just didn't want to spend that much money again. Does anyone know if they will make repairs to the zipper?
                      I bet they will warranty it for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockley View Post
                        They’re upgraded me twice when my zippers have failed.

I was smart enough to fill out the warranty card whenever I purchased the cooler though. Not sure if that’ll effect the end outcome, but it definitely made the process easier.

Comment

They have replaced three of the yeti hoppers due to zipper issues for me and I actually just sent a email on one that busted at the beach last week. They have now gone to the magnet opener but the reason I liked them is because they did not leak. Im not sure on this model but hopefully they warrant it as well. There customer service is definitely great but I personally think your better off just buying the knock offs at this point and replacing them as needed.

Comment

Working...
                          X