Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well... a few more companies I won’t be buying from.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well... a few more companies I won’t be buying from.

Read “not doing enough to stop hate” as “not infringing on your rights to free speech enough”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would not buy anything from them anyway. Bunch of overrated crap.
    Any company who advocates against free speech does not deserve to even sell their products in America

Comment

Funny how Liberal groups say Facebook caters to white supremacist posts and Conservative groups say Facebook caters to Democrat posts. REI has some really nice gear but has always been overpriced and anti-gun. Went to the one in Denver to find a water bottle I wanted and was told them didn't carry it because the manufacturer was related to a firearm company. I don't remember what brand it was but I assume Camelbak as they were(are?) owned by Vista Outdoors who used to own Savage among others.

Comment

REI, Pantongia, and Orvis are among the groups that are against hunting and Orvis in particular thinks fish hooks with barbs should never be used. I will never buy from any of these companies. And there's lots more of them out there.

Comment

Listen to the meateater podcast with the founder of Patagonia on it. He’s incredibly nauseating with all of his hypocrisy. A lot of people in the outdoor industry have gotten away from using their stuff, or I like to think so.

Comment

I thought the only people who buy Patagonia was the family that stops in in their Range Rover the week before their annual ski trip to Colorado to load up on vests and fuzzy hats.

Comment

I have never used facebook or instagram. I do not care if companies boycott facebook or instgram. I do not use REI much anymore as most of my gear is from cottage businesses. Now, I do have a Patagonia R1 hoodie that I would replace tomorrow if it were to get lost or stolen even though it is overpriced.

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
                Listen to the meateater podcast with the founder of Patagonia on it. He’s incredibly nauseating with all of his hypocrisy. A lot of people in the outdoor industry have gotten away from using their stuff, or I like to think so.
                I think that's the only MeatEater podcast I didn't make it through. Almost turned it off a few times before I finally did.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                  REI, Pantongia, and Orvis are among the groups that are against hunting and Orvis in particular thinks fish hooks with barbs should never be used. I will never buy from any of these companies. And there's lots more of them out there.
                  Where did you discover this about barbed hooks and Orvis? If true, that's crazy as all get out!

Comment

Seems like its getting to the point where the left will have its own retails stores, grocery store, online apps, clothing companies, restaurants etc...and the right will have theirs. Big divide happening across everything.

Comment

Giant middle finger to all three of the companies listed, their products are over priced crapp anyways

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
                        I thought the only people who buy Patagonia was the family that stops in in their Range Rover the week before their annual ski trip to Colorado to load up on vests and fuzzy hats.
                        That and guys shopping for beard oil and hair Barrett’s

Comment

There's a couple threads currently where folks are applauded for leaving FB. Some companies do the same thing and they're to be boycotted? lol

Folks are leaving FB in droves. Advertisers will follow suit

Edit: this may have been planned without the virtue signaling

Comment

Originally posted by Barrett View Post
                            Where did you discover this about barbed hooks and Orvis? If true, that's crazy as all get out!
                            When I went on a guided fly fishing trip in 2001 in Colorado. Our guide was an Orvis guide and she quickly before we realized what she was doing, crimped our barbs and said, we at Orvis want the fish to survive after we catch and release them so that they can be caught another day. I replied, that's the great thing about hunting - there is not catch and release.

We bought new hooks after she left us.

Comment

What mountain climbers are burning their Northface attire on here?

Comment

Working...
                              X