X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flatlander View Post
    Same can be said for Clemson

Notre Dame gets ranked high preseason every year for some reason

The fact is Alabama has been a dominate fixture in CFB for a while and it will be a while before their street cred alone doesn't keep them in the conversation. Do you think the teams that feel slighted right now (Minnesota, Baylor, maybe Oregon?) would beat Alabama right now if they played? I haven't watched Minnesota, but I have watched the other two and I think Alabama would roll them, so would Clemson, tOSU, LSU, etc.

And I'm not saying they deserve a playoff spot, they would need to win out and probably get some help, but with one loss to the #1 team in the country it's hard to count them out of the top 4 given their recent history.
    That's an opinion based on nothing but an 'eye test'. Gimme a break

Comment

So it's the top 4, or the top 4 with conditions?

I'd hate to look the players from any team that is truly a top 4 team in the eye, and tell them that they lost to #1, so they don't get their shot at a NC in a 'best four teams in college football'. If the 'best four teams' was changed to 'top team from the best four conferences' then that would be a whole other thing, but it isn't that way. I like the 'best 4 in CFB, period' regardless of conference.

I disagree with you on the tie thing. The regular season game is for the conference - the playoff game is for the NC. I know you think different, we all have opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
        That's an opinion based on nothing but an 'eye test'. Gimme a break
        Yep, my opinion after watching them all.

What's your opinion based on?

Comment

Brock Purdy for Heisman!

Sorry

I got nuthin'.

Go Bears?

Comment

There's zero chance Baylor could beat any of the teams in the top-10 that aren't in the Big12, which obviously doesn't count. LOL at a team like Baylor feeling "slighted".

Maybe join a P5 or play at least 1 legitimate team? They could go undefeated 5 years in a row and they still wouldn't deserve to make the playoffs with the schedule they play. There is only 1 team on their schedule this year that's a top-50 program, and OU already lost to KSU, so they're clearly not very good.

Comment

I'd hate to look the players from any team that is truly a top 4 team in the eye, and tell them that they lost to #1, so they don't get their shot at a NC in a 'best four teams in college football'. If the 'best four teams' was changed to 'top team from the best four conferences' then that would be a whole other thing, but it isn't that way. I like the 'best 4 in CFB, period' regardless of conference.

I disagree with you on the tie thing. The regular season game is for the conference - the playoff game is for the NC. I know you think different, we all have opinions.
              Well it's currently the top 4 based on the opinions of 13 people. It needs to be changed.

Comment

Originally posted by BitBackShot View Post
                There's zero chance Baylor could beat any of the teams in the top-10 that aren't in the Big12, which obviously doesn't count. LOL at a team like Baylor feeling "slighted".

Maybe join a P5 or play at least 1 legitimate team? They could go undefeated 5 years in a row and they still wouldn't deserve to make the playoffs with the schedule they play. There is only 1 team on their schedule this year that's a top-50 program, and OU already lost to KSU, so they're clearly not very good.
                Your knowledge of the game is severely lacking. LOL. Everything you said is incorrect.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                  No rematches. They had their shot and lost. If they beat LSU then it's a tie. They would need a 3rd game to settle it.
                  what about the big 12 championship game?

Comment

Originally posted by JeffK View Post
                    what about the big 12 championship game?
                    I hate the current format.

However it was not a tie last year because Texas had 4 losses.

Comment

It's an invitational tournament based on which teams will generate the most money. It's not hard to acknowledge that when they change the 'criteria' every year. People like Condeleeza Rice initially on the board was hilarious.

Comment

Yep, my opinion after watching them all.

What's your opinion based on?
                        My opinion starts with if you are not good enough to win your conference, then there is no chance you are the best team in the country. Seems like common sense, right?

Comment

James Laurinaitis and the Big Ten network crew were meeting with Nebraska coach Scott Frost prior to the Cornhuskers’ game against Indiana late last month when the conversation turned to No. 2 Ohio State. The Buckeyes (9-0, 6-0) are dominating in a way college football hasn’t seen since Franklin D. Roosevelt was president. Ohio State leads the nation in scoring at 51 points per game and is giving up the fewest in the country at 8.6.

Here is your reasoning
                          Last edited by MacDaddy67; 11-14-2019, 02:29 PM. Reason: .

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
                            Your reasoning is its the best team since the team that got BLOWN OUT by Florida in the Nat'l Championship game?

Comment

Teams that do not play in a conference championship game and make the playoffs is absurd. First... that means they play one less game than the two teams that made the conference championship game. Second... lot less wear and tear on their players along with more time to recuperate from injuries.

If this continues conference championship games may as well be discontinued. It means they are only being held as a money grab.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                                Your reasoning is its the best team since the team that got BLOWN OUT by Florida in the Nat'l Championship game?
                                ????????????????????????

you lost me

Comment

Working...
                                X