God is good.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

God is good.

My son and I were installing a lift on a new floating aluminum dock on Possum Kingdom lake this afternoon when a storm hit. It was on us in a matter of seconds. Rain and wind that was unreal. We couldn't see the shore and waves pounded over the deck. Suddenly the dock started to shift and I watched as it got pushed back into the stationary walkway and then lifted the whole dock into the air. When it got 90 degrees I lost my hold and fell. As I hit the water (and something on the way down) all I could think is where's my son?
    Then he landed on me and I was smashed against one of the poles. Wind knocked out of me I sank and was entangled in a rope, cord or cable but somehow got it unwrapped from my leg. I struggled to the surface and gulped some air then started calling out to my son. Praise God he had surfaced and was able to swim. We made our way to the dock walkway next door and pulled ourselves shore, by now the rain and wind almost gone. The dock construction crew had packed up to leave for the day but couldn't leave as my truck was parked in front of them and they ran out to assist us.

Gary

Praise God you guys are OK!! Gives me the shivers just looking at those pics!!

Comment

Oh my goodness.. that must have been some strong winds. Glad you made it out safe
      Last edited by WalkieTalkie; 06-06-2019, 07:29 PM.

Comment

Wow crazy, he definitely had his hands out for y'all.

Comment

Wow! Good to have the big man on your side!

Comment

Wow Gary - what a scary experience! So glad you and your son made it out - that will make for a wild family story told for many years...

Comment

Dang that’s scary thank the lord for sure .

Comment

God is great bless you sir

Comment

Wow that's scary glad your ok

Comment

Scary brotha, glad y’all are okay. I would’ve freaked out, I’m not a fan of water.

Comment

Praise be to God you and your son are still here.

Comment

I'm glad y'all are ok. Did the storm just pop up out of nowhere or what.

Comment

Lucky man!

Comment

I'm going to the ER to get checked out. Hip took a large hit. Graphic looking swollen and bruised. May be nothing broke but pain is pretty intense so my wife is driving me there now.

Gary

Comment

Wheeeeww!!! Sounds like a close one! Also sounds like God (as always) had a plan for you and your son today. Glad y'all are ok.

Comment

Working...
                              X