2020 Fantasy Football Talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2020 Fantasy Football Talk

Season is almost upon us! Thought I would create a thread to discuss players and strategy. This is not a place to proudly boast your riddance and/or displeasure of the NFL. With that said, good luck everyone!

Would you guys drop Deshaun Jackson for a back up QB, Cam? I have Stafford, but feel like Cam could be be a top 5 QB should he stay healthy and Bill utilize him to his full potential. I dont typically carry two QBs, but the upside here is weighing on me. On the flip side, someone is going to emerge from that Eagle receiving core and I can help but lean towards the veteran. Thoughts?

I have been in the same league for 12 years. This year we switched to a Dynasty League. I drafted Watson. I am waiting to pick up my back up QB. I want to see what Cam does. I am also watching Taylor and Jones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I am ready for some fantasy football. My two main leagues are Dynasty format and I have been in once since 2005 and the other since 2008. I personally enjoy Dynasty format over redraft. These leagues are also IDP leagues so it makes it even more interesting.

Comment

Anybody doing anything special with rosters or IR positions due to the COVID?

Comment

Originally posted by Hockley View Post
          Anybody doing anything special with rosters or IR positions due to the COVID?
          All we did is add an IR spot.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes, my league is adding a new exemption for covid related opt out players. It will be separate from the actual IR

Comment

I would keep Watson, cause he’s young and already a top 6qb. Stanford I think is going into his 10th year.

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
                Season is almost upon us! Thought I would create a thread to discuss players and strategy. This is not a place to proudly boast your riddance and/or displeasure of the NFL. With that said, good luck everyone!

Would you guys drop Deshaun Jackson for a back up QB, Cam? I have Stafford, but feel like Cam could be be a top 5 QB should he stay healthy and Bill utilize him to his full potential. I dont typically carry two QBs, but the upside here is weighing on me. On the flip side, someone is going to emerge from that Eagle receiving core and I can help but lean towards the veteran. Thoughts?
                Just seeing this thread, looking forward to the season. Did you ever decide on this one solocam? I'm not sure there is a wrong answer here (or a right answer). I'm like you, rarely carry a backup QB and I actually believe Stafford is going to bounce back to have a great year. He was great before the injury last year and Golladay is a beast. As for the Eagles receiving core, it feels like everyone is forgetting Alshon Jeffrey is still there as the veteran #1 but lets be honest, they all suck. I think it's just as likely that the person that steps up in this receiving core is actually Dallas Goedert and they will run a bunch of two tight end sets.

Comment

For those of you in multiple leagues (such as myself) who are you finding you are the most heavily invested in?

I ended up with a late pick in all of my drafts this year and went Nick Chubb in all 3 of my leagues. I also find myself with a ton of mid round Cam Akers and Zack Moss at RB in addition to Chubb and whoever my #2 RB is. At receiver, I'm ending up with a lot of Courtland Sutton, Michael Gallup, Tyler Boyd type guys.

Comment

Originally posted by tmurray View Post
                    Just seeing this thread, looking forward to the season. Did you ever decide on this one solocam? I'm not sure there is a wrong answer here (or a right answer). I'm like you, rarely carry a backup QB and I actually believe Stafford is going to bounce back to have a great year. He was great before the injury last year and Golladay is a beast. As for the Eagles receiving core, it feels like everyone is forgetting Alshon Jeffrey is still there as the veteran #1 but lets be honest, they all suck. I think it's just as likely that the person that steps up in this receiving core is actually Dallas Goedert and they will run a bunch of two tight end sets.
                    I did drop Jackson, but I'm racking my brain trying to figure out how to get him back on my squad! Thinking about dropping Crowder. I just see Jackson having a huge week one that might carry over depending on the health of the remaining WR core.

Originally posted by tmurray View Post
                    For those of you in multiple leagues (such as myself) who are you finding you are the most heavily invested in?

I ended up with a late pick in all of my drafts this year and went Nick Chubb in all 3 of my leagues. I also find myself with a ton of mid round Cam Akers and Zack Moss at RB in addition to Chubb and whoever my #2 RB is. At receiver, I'm ending up with a lot of Courtland Sutton, Michael Gallup, Tyler Boyd type guys.
                    I'm in 3 leagues, and have Golladay in all 3 lol. Also have Stafford in all 3. So you could say I'm all in on the Lions passing attack this year. I also have Josh Jacobs and James Conner in two of my leagues. Gamble on Conner, but if he stays healthy he'll be big this year. Last is Hayden Hurst. My biggest gamble with having him in all 3 leagues. I may be wrong, but I think he will fit right in to that Hooper role this year.

Comment

How did everyone's week 1 go? I sh*t the bed, going 1-2. Pretty concerned about my RB positions, as Conner looks to be his same fragile self. Carson looks to be splitting the load pretty evenly with Hyde. Same story with Chubb.

Comment

I am just in 2 leagues. A traditional, and one league where we keep the whole team from year to year. That keeper team includes defensive positions and I love it.

I did horrible in the traditional and squeaked out a win in the other.

Comment

Lost bell and connor opening week, and mack was on my bench...almost comical how my week 1 went really.

Comment

Went well for me. I wouldn’t be concerned with Carson, game script limited the rush attempts but he got a lot of passing work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Can’tgaurdmike cost me week 1. Evan Engram is a joke and I’m fool for wasting my TE pick on him. He looked like he was playing his first NFL game last night. No confidence. Benny Snell Jr was impressive and I think has a good chance to split touches with Conner regards of ankle injury. Maybe take his job.

Comment

Working...
                              X