No announcement yet.

2020 Saltwater Thread Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flat as a pancake, water was decent, I’d say 18-20” of visibility was getting better when I left. Shrimp jumping getting eaten everywhere. Tons of gigantic ladyfish, and a bunch of gafftops. We probably caught 20-25 trout, maybe a few more. Only two or three were legal. Never caught gafftop in Surfside like that. Fargus caught them on topwaters. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by tmurray View Post
      Man, was hoping to hear better news. Was it at least flat or did you get beat to death?
      Oh yea, plenty flat. It will just get better.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Got meetings until 3:30-4 then going to head down with my 10 y/o.

Comment

Originally posted by Jet Black View Post
          Good Luck! Post up when you get back.

Comment

Easy limits in Matagorda surf this morning. Water was sandy green, if it stays like when I left the water will get too clear.

Comment

Very nice Jaker

Comment

Same, where you headed Sean? Be good to meet another TBHer. I'll probably be around access 6 at Surfside with my very pregnant wife and 7 year old son. He's not quite big enough to fish the surf so him and momma will be on the sand mostly.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenZ View Post
                  Easy limits in Matagorda surf this morning. Water was sandy green, if it stays like when I left the water will get too clear.
                  I've never gone to the beach in Matagorda but have always wanted to. Do you need 4x4 to get onto the beach?

Comment

Originally posted by tmurray View Post
                    Same, where you headed Sean? Be good to meet another TBHer. I'll probably be around access 6 at Surfside with my very pregnant wife and 7 year old son. He's not quite big enough to fish the surf so him and momma will be on the sand mostly.
                    I should be down there in the same area. Silver Expedition and now I'll have 2 10y/o boys with me.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenZ View Post
                      Limits are easy, it’s 5. Lol. Plastics or bait?

Comment

I should be down there in the same area. Silver Expedition and now I'll have 2 10y/o boys with me.
                        I'll be in a black GMC half ton, white EZ UP style canopy.

Comment

I've never gone to the beach in Matagorda but have always wanted to. Do you need 4x4 to get onto the beach?
                          I’ve seen 2wd’s further than they should be but I would highly recommend 4x4 for Matagorda

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                            Limits are easy, it’s 5. Lol. Plastics or bait?
                            Plum/chartreuse sand eels

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                              Flat as a pancake, water was decent, I’d say 18-20” of visibility was getting better when I left. Shrimp jumping getting eaten everywhere. Tons of gigantic ladyfish, and a bunch of gafftops. We probably caught 20-25 trout, maybe a few more. Only two or three were legal. Never caught gafftop in Surfside like that. Fargus caught them on topwaters. Lol
                              Is there a place to buy a beach parking pass at 5:00 AM?

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                                Is there a place to buy a beach parking pass at 5:00 AM?

You don't need a beach pass if you go past the public beach in surfside itself. We have bought them before at the store on the SW side of the intersection right after you come off of the bridge over the ICW.

Comment

Working...
                                X