Time to buy!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

aug-oct 1987, djia -36%
    jan 2000 - Oct 2002, djia -38% (nasdaq ~79%)
    Oct 2007 - mar 2009, djia -55%

40% drop from recent high would put it around 17,600
    60% drop would get it to 11,760

I seem to think that as long as people believe "stocks are on sale" then there will be room to drop more. when all hope his lost, things may start to settle out.

Comment

Originally posted by DFA View Post
      I so wish I would have put 20K on GM when it tanked
      Poor plan. I put a little in GM in 2008/2009 before they went bankrupt. All my shares were erased after bankruptcy and I lost it all. Now those tools have relisted and those of us who were former investors have zilch. That's not right!!! They should not have allowed to relist in my mind.

Good luck if you gamble on GM.

Comment

[quote=RiverRat1;14748724]
        Originally posted by Huntingfool View Post

Crap - Guess I'm locked in on a market prediction.. It doesn't matter. I'll get ragged on if wrong for sure. But if I'm right I'll be ignored or hear the BS like lucky call.. 50/50 chance... blah blah I'm mostly sure so I'll gamble.

It's just my guess BTW Lots of things can screw it up. Like a bailout to support stocks another day or two or martial law. I'll say if no bailout by Monday markets hit bottom. Screw it. LOL

BTW - predicting the market on a day to day basis is impossible. Narrowing in on an event is not. We know pretty much what will happen now. People will get bored with this soon enough. Can't predict a market top unless you see something coming but most of the time you're too late. Can get close on a bottom because there are indicators. The fear/greed index is at 1 Can't go any lower. I guess markets still can though.

Here's another one :

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post

Or we are screwed and markets lower than anyone thinks possible like DOW 13-15k

Fear mongering at it's finest by world leaders..or a true test of humanity coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by timoub007 View Post
          Poor plan. I put a little in GM in 2008/2009 before they went bankrupt. All my shares were erased after bankruptcy and I lost it all. Now those tools have relisted and those of us who were former investors have zilch. That's not right!!! They should not have allowed to relist in my mind.

Good luck if you gamble on GM.
          Ah, but grasshoppa, bondholders, who loan them money and don't have the upside potential that shareholders do, stand in line with their hands out...in front of the owners. The bondholders' debt was converted to stock, so they wound up owning the lion's share of the new shares that were issued. The "old" owners (you) were wiped out. That is the pecking order and the way it should be. If you own a business and that business borrows from the local bank, and the business goes broke, the bank should get paid first before the owners of the business. The only upside the bank has is their interest earned on the note. The owners have substantially more upside potential with the value of their company....if they don't run it into the ground.

Comment

[quote=RiverRat1;14748724]
            Originally posted by Huntingfool View Post

Crap - Guess I'm locked in on a market prediction.. It doesn't matter. I'll get ragged on if wrong for sure. But if I'm right I'll be ignored or hear the BS like lucky call.. 50/50 chance... blah blah I'm mostly sure so I'll gamble.

It's just my guess BTW Lots of things can screw it up. Like a bailout to support stocks another day or two or martial law. I'll say if no bailout by Monday markets hit bottom. Screw it. LOL

BTW - predicting the market on a day to day basis is impossible. Narrowing in on an event is not. We know pretty much what will happen now. People will get bored with this soon enough. Can't predict a market top unless you see something coming but most of the time you're too late. Can get close on a bottom because there are indicators. The fear/greed index is at 1 Can't go any lower. I guess markets still can though.
            Well there it is.

"with the Federal Reserve adding further stimulus on top of its half-point interest rate cut last week with the announcement of an additional injection of $1.5 trillion in liquidity operations. "

Funny because I tweeted last night today would be bottom unless FED injects 1 trillion. I was close.

Now we gap up 5% or more and then ??? I have no idea. On one hand the worst is over. On the other markets usually either need capitulation or they retest lows. But heck this market is straight up and down and irrational I have no idea.

Comment

[quote=RiverRat1;14749430]

Well there it is.

"with the Federal Reserve adding further stimulus on top of its half-point interest rate cut last week with the announcement of an additional injection of $1.5 trillion in liquidity operations. "

Funny because I tweeted last night today would be bottom unless FED injects 1 trillion. I was close.

Now we gap up 5% or more and then ??? I have no idea. On one hand the worst is over. On the other markets usually either need capitulation or they retest lows. But heck this market is straight up and down and irrational I have no idea.
              I’m guessing that today’s trading retracts and ends up close to what it closed at yesterday. Maybe slightly lower. I don’t see people wanting to hold going into the weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

[quote=Ryan81;14749700]

I’m guessing that today’s trading retracts and ends up close to what it closed at yesterday. Maybe slightly lower. I don’t see people wanting to hold going into the weekend.

Reasons I don’t do this for a living.

Comment

FYI - The post above. I didn't say we were going down today ..

I hear you Ryan. Break neck speeds of the stock market from day to day. I think stocks will not go to new lows. All this bad news is priced in.

Even some stocks like NCLH that stopped all cruises did not drop further after the PR today Actually went up!

If media can stir enough panic all weekend maybe with some luck Monday morning will present a buying dip.

Comment

I'm buying Monday

Comment

I bought HOME yesterday and it was up almost 15% today. Hopefully positive earnings in a few weeks and a small rally would get me in a good position to get out, or at least get my original investment back and see what happens while I let the earnings ride for a while.

I plan to buy a cruise line on Monday depending on what happens. Haven’t made up my mind yet.

Comment

The Dow popped 6.5% from the start of Trump's address which didn't even cover the policy / stimulus package to be proposed this evening. I read that as as the majority of the fear is priced-in and we bounced at a bottom just below 22k. WTI also popped about 6% during the speech, too, but that's likely speculation coinciding with the announcement to fill the SPR to the brim. I'm in upstream O&G so I need a big shift here, and SOON!

Comment

Virus infected cat bounce?

Stocks soared as the president declared a national emergency and promised to unleash America's resources to keep Americans safe from the coronavirus pandemic. | Economy

Comment

-13% today. I was a buyer although my guess it that was not bottom.

The 3 bailouts/stimulus stopped the real drop or at least delayed it IMO

I’ll buy more every 10% lower we go until out of money. Math has me all in at DOW 14k it it gets that low

Comment

It all seems sentiment driven to me and my guess is that negative sentiment surrounding the virus and its effects is far from a bottom. I am locked and loaded but keeping my powder dry for now.

Comment

Daily guess.......rough day today. I see it going down further. That is just a guess. I told a few of my friends it would go below 22,000 weeks ago....they did not believe my guess.
                                Anyone thinking 16000.....14000? If so, I will buy near some of those numbers.

Comment

Working...
                                X