No announcement yet.

Edwards/Real Counties Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got our Aoudad videos put together, this was myself and TBHr Rooster Cogburn.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeZY_zJX6S0"]BIG RAM DOWN!!! Aoudad Hunting in Texas (PART 1) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K468cbIRv84&t=1s"]HUNTING free range AOUDAD RAMS in the Texas Hill Country (PART 2) - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Edwards/Real Counties Hunting Thread

Still been slow around feeders for us compared to early season. Saw a nice buck under the feeder but still to dark to shoot. Hopefully we can pull it together before season ends. Located 10 mins from Rocksprings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Patton View Post
        Giant rams, way to go!

Comment

How did everyone's season go? Ours was below average but I attribute that to us not hunting as hard and just getting unlucky.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
            How did everyone's season go? Ours was below average but I attribute that to us not hunting as hard and just getting unlucky.
            I wasn't worried about a trophy buck this year, i'l see what might be in the woods next year. So, i got 2 delicious does and several pigs.. i'l chalk it up as a successful season!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Same here. There was a bunch of acorns and hard hunting. My son killed 1 whitetail and 1 fallow. The worst season we’ve had in 9 years.

Comment

We had aoudad move in big time, whitetail hunting was slow, and anthrax hit our axis hard. We saw very few axis until the end of December. Super cool place to hunt but it was my last season there. Landowner died and the ranch has sold. Looks like I may go hunt North Texas.

Comment

Anyone know how much rain we got in the area?

Comment

I heard we got 1.25" last night. We are north of Rocksprings, about 5 miles south of the Sutton/Edwards County line.

Comment

Thinking about looking at a place south of Rocksprings on 377. Should I be worried about anthrax in that part ?
                      any advice would help

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Originally posted by C R Cox View Post
                          Ttt
                          We're off 377 and haven't seen any signs on the place we lease. Maybe it was just my little paradise part of the lease but i saw more deer than ever this past season. I rarely see any good bucks except that one 2 years ago. Im really not all that worried about getting a muy grande, i just love being out there and keeping freezer filled with delicious whitetail meat and an occasional axis.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

That helps. This place is 30 miles from Rocksprings south on 377

Comment

Got @ 5" of rain this weekend! 25 miles south of Rs

Comment

Got 1.65" of rain last night at our place 6 miles SW of leakey.

We're off to a good start let's hope it keeps up.

Comment

Working...
                                X