Super proud of my daughter!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super proud of my daughter!

She is a junior this year and did awesome at her first 5a powerlifting meet of the year. Last year she made it to state in her weight class but had to miss the meet because she placed at the San Antonio goat show. She was worried because this year she gained 6 pounds of muscle moving her up a weight class. She did great! I believe her total was 865lbs which put her in 2nd. It only takes 775lbs to qualify for Regionals which she killed. 865lbs took 5th in state last year. She would have won yesterday but a girl from a 6a school was there and was a freak on bench at 230. 865 would have won state in her previous weight class last year so she is trying to get back there if possible without losing strength. Even if she can't, her bench should improve as she was lifting with a shoulder injury this week. She's hoping to place at the state meet in Waco in March.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Pineywoods; 01-21-2018, 08:07 AM.

Congrats to her! My daughter just had her first power lifting competition this week and finished 2nd. She's super excited about it.

Comment

Congrats! Awesome achievement.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
        Congrats to her! My daughter just had her first power lifting competition this week and finished 2nd. She's super excited about it.
        Awesome! Is she at West Hardin?

Comment

Congrats to the young Lady.

Comment

Congrats! That’s fun. My daughter went to state about 4 years ago. They won the state title she got a ring and I got to brag. Good luck to your daughter.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Awesome. Congrats

Comment

Awesome job!

Comment

Congrats to the young lady!! That is some hefty weight for a high school girl! I knew plenty of guys that could lift anywhere near that in high school.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                      Awesome! Is she at West Hardin?
                      Yes

Comment

Awesome...congrats to her

Comment

Heck yeah

Comment

Congrats! I was a big time power lifter in high school. It is definitely a sport that takes a lot of commitment and discipline. Those early morning workouts, and meets that take your entire Saturday aren’t for everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

350# squat is pretty dang good. I played college football with guys that couldn't do that. Congrats and good luck on her upcoming meets.

Comment

Working...
                              X