No announcement yet.

Val Verde County

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dadgum bears are nothing more than oversized coons. We haven't seen any on our place north of Pumpville, but we've heard the place next to us has seen them. I had a lion on camera about 3 years ago, but haven't had another pic since.

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
      Dadgum bears are nothing more than oversized coons. We haven't seen any on our place north of Pumpville, but we've heard the place next to us has seen them. I had a lion on camera about 3 years ago, but haven't had another pic since.

Couldn't imagine walking to my bow stand and seeing a lion haha that be crazy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MAX B. View Post
        Here are some more of the originals from my camera's.
        Dang Max I didn't realize you were on here!

Comment

Wow! I'll share with our lease group. Now those dark night walk-ups to the blind might be a little spookier

Anybody feeding cotton seed? We are trying to get setup to start.

Here is my little bugger for 2017:
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Payton View Post
            Wow! I'll share with our lease group. Now those dark night walk-ups to the blind might be a little spookier

Anybody feeding cotton seed? We are trying to get setup to start.

Here is my little bugger for 2017:

Nice buck Fowl life fed cotton seed I'm not to sure how it went

Comment

Originally posted by BlakeS View Post
              Nice buck Fowl life fed cotton seed I'm not to sure how it went

It's went good for awhile but they stopped eating it for about 3 months. They were slowly coming back to it at the end of the year.

Also, keep in mind. I was the ONLY one feeding it out of our 2,000 acres. So they weren't used to it. I have a buddy who's whole 3500acre lease feeds it and they can hardly keep it full.

If everyone gets involved and feeds it then you will see awesome results.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Just got a call from a guy that went out this weekend and one of the other guys feeders was destroyed. Waiting to see if he had a cam out to see what did it but we had a bear tear up a feeder last season. Anyone else have this problem?

Comment

Audad will destroy feeders too.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
                    Just got a call from a guy that went out this weekend and one of the other guys feeders was destroyed. Waiting to see if he had a cam out to see what did it but we had a bear tear up a feeder last season. Anyone else have this problem?

Not yet haven’t seen any bear if he gets any pics post em up.

Comment

Hunted this past weekend for 4 days didn’t see much deer not coming to corn anyone have any luck so far this bow season??

Comment

I killed my cull opening weekend, a 6 point with not even a bump for brow tines. My target buck has disappeared, but he did that last year at this time. Our place has knee high grass everywhere!

Comment

I’m a county to the East in Kinney but same story. Green as hell and not much at the feeders but young bucks.

Comment

Anybody have a reliable forecast that they half way trust for this weekend? I keep seeing anything from partly cloudy to rain all day? I’ll hunt either way but trying to make a plan

Comment

It doesn't look good for the weekend...

Our roads in to the ranch got flooded again this past week. I'm pretty sure its going to take a helicopter to get into the lease. We hunt the Val Verde/Terrell County line.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	24556581

Comment

Our roads should be good. Maybe a flash flood that would keep me from getting in or out, but that would just mean I’d have to stay.

Comment

Working...
                                X