Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 125Dad View Post
    Try motocross.
    Won't even come close to rodeo if your all in.

Comment

My son has always wanted to mutton busting and my daughter is taking horse riding lessons now.

Does anyone know something around the Austin/Bastrop area where we can go watch other kids?

Comment

Originally posted by justin81 View Post
        My son has always wanted to mutton busting and my daughter is taking horse riding lessons now.

Does anyone know something around the Austin/Bastrop area where we can go watch other kids?
        Liberty Hill Cowboy Church used to have a playday series. Cody and Jamie Ross put it on. Very good place for kids to get started. Will takes his daughter to the Blanco cowboy church series and it seems legit.

Comment

Thanks Brandon I will check them out

Comment

Originally posted by justin81 View Post

Lots of playdays and youth rodeos getting ready to kick off. I will shoot you a PM with my number. Text me and I will send you dates and times of local stuff. How old is your daughter.

Blanco Cowboy Church Spring Series starts March 4th at Noon. Come out and join us for church before hand (starts at 10:00am) and eat lunch and then enjoy the playday. Heck if your daughter and control her horse she can enter. Entry fee is coming to church before hand. Lots of fun for the kids on a Sunday afternoon and will be more than happy to help her out.
            Last edited by bowhuntertex; 02-06-2018, 08:11 AM.

Comment

Playdays and Youth Rodeo Dates

These are the playdays and youth rodeos that I know of as of right now. Still waiting on a couple that we normally go to, to announce their dates.

Bluebonnet Barrel Racing Association (Mostly around San Antonio):
              You can find more info at http://bluebonnetbarrelracingassoc.com/
              10 Race Series Barrel Race and Poles
              Day Races-Books open at 9am, Race starts at 1pm
              March 3rd Day Race Bexar County Sheriffs Posse Arena (San Antonio)
              April 21st Day Race Draggin S Arena (San Antonio)
              May 12th-13th Day Race Hondo Rodeo Arena (Hondo)
              June 16th Day Race Cactus Corral Arena (San Antonio)
              June 30th Rain Date Night Race Bexar County Sheriffs Posse Arena (SA)
              August 18th-19th Day Race Uvalde Rodeo Arena (Uvalde)
              September 8th Night Race (TBA)
              September 22nd Night Race (TBA)
              October 20th Day Race 7AL Arena (San Antonio)
              October 21st Rain Date Day Race 7AL Arena (San Antonio)
              November 17th-18th Day Race JB Wells Arena (Gonzales)

Blanco Cowboy Church Spring Series Playday:
              Entry fee is coming to church before the playday. Church starts at 10:00am and Playday starts at noon. Meal is served after church. Must have current coggins. 3 maybe 4 events. Barrels, Poles, and Baseball. Fun for the whole family.
              March 4th
              April 8th
              May 6th

Blanco Rodeo Association Spring and Fall Series Playdays:
              Books open at 8am and playday starts at 9am. Playday is held at the Yett Park arena.
              April 14th (Spring Series)
              May 12th (Spring Series)
              June 9th (Spring Series)
              September 8th (Fall Series)
              October 13th (Fall Series)
              November 10th (Fall Series)

I am still waiting on dates for the Helotes Youth Rodeo Association and the Comal County Sheriffs Posse playdays and youth rodeos. Williamson County sheriffs posse also holds playdays. there are a few more that I am still looking for dates to be announced and will share those once I know about them.

Comment

Almost forgot about this one.

Alamo Area Youth Horse Association (this is a youth rodeo and horse show):
                Horse show is Saturday and speed events are on Sunday's. Skipped this one this spring because we missed the 1st one. Will probably enter up in the fall series if it doesn't conflict with other's we are committed to. This looks to be a great little series and will definitely be doing this one in the future.
                Takes place at the San Antonio Rose Palace
                http://www.aayha.org/
                January 7th Spring Series (missed)
                April 8th Spring Series
                June 3rd Spring Series (double point show)
                September 2nd Fall Series
                October 7th Fall Series (double point show)
                December 2nd Fall Series

Comment

this is another good one but it conflicts most every date we are committed to. Hoping their fall series will be on open weekends.

Youth Horse Club of the Hill Country:
                  http://www.yhchc.org/home.html
                  Kendall County Youth Agriculture & Equestrian Center
                  March 24
                  April 14
                  April 21
                  May 5
                  May 12

I believe Brandon's niece competes in this one.
                  Heart of the Hills Barrel Racing Association:
                  https://hhbra.com/
                  Sun, March 4 ~ Kerrville
                  Sat/Sun, April 7 & 8~ Uvalde
                  Sat/Sun, April 28 & 29 ~ Llano
                  Sat/Sun, May 26 & 27 ~ Uvalde
                  Sat/Sun, June 23 & 24 ~ Uvalde
                  Sat/Sun, August 4 & 5 ~ Llano
                  Sat, Sept. 15 ~Finals @ Kerrville Banquet & Awards
                  Last edited by bowhuntertex; 02-06-2018, 10:51 AM.

Comment

I know for sure we will be at the Lometa Junior Rodeo, Gustine Junior Rodeo, Comanche Junior Rodeo, Mullin Junior Rodeo and Blanket Junior Rodeo. We will do several other play days and barrel racing’s throughout the spring and summer

No one has posted dates yet for any of those

We will also do some team sorting events with Leon River Cowboy Church in Eastland
                    Last edited by aggie2000tx; 02-06-2018, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Rodeo is wonderful but I hate to see young kids kids on rough stock. I saw a 17 year old boy in a high school rodeo get paralyzed from the eyes down when he flew off a bareback. It was right in front of me, and I thought what if that were my son? That kid had his whole life ruined, and for what? I never forgot it. Sorry for the negative post.

Comment

About 3 years ago my youngest son told me he was not playing anymore baseball like his older brothers did. We were at the ranch hunting when he stated he had something to tell me. He said "Dad I do not want to play baseball anymore, deep in my heart I am a Cowboy and want to rodeo" as he ponded his chest. I leaned over looked him straight in the eye and said son do what you want, I will support you. We have not looked back as he follows the footsteps of his Papa and Great Uncles. We are having a blast.

Click image for larger version

Name:	19149076_1361837740520360_5386787317152030640_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	24530011

Name:	4002A.jpg
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	24530012

Name:	1532B.jpg
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	24530013

Name:	1533B.jpg
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	24530014

ATTACH]895658[/ATTACH]
                        Last edited by Arrowed C; 02-06-2018, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowed C View Post
                          About 3 years ago my youngest son told me he was not playing anymore baseball like his older brothers did. We were at the ranch hunting when he stated he had something to tell me. He said "Dad I do not want to play baseball anymore, deep in my heart I am a Cowboy and want to rodeo" as he ponded his chest. I leaned over looked him straight in the eye and said son do what you want, I will support you. We have not looked back as he follows the footsteps of his Papa and Great Uncles. We are having a blast.
                          [ATTACH]895656[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]895657[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]895658[/ATTACH]
                          That's good stuff right there.

Comment

Originally posted by BigWes View Post
                            Bowhuntertex, I've got an 8 year old daughter getting into barrel racing also. She started learning 2 summers ago. Since then, she's just been racing at the ranch where she takes lessons. My MIL (who raced back in the 70's) bought a horse for her to ride about 3 months ago. She's just now getting close to being able to compete on her and we're looking for places to take her.

So far we've found the Suburban Riding Club in Tomball and I heard about a place in Willis. Where can I find more rodeos? Is there an organization that organizes youth rodeos?
                            Suburban is a good place to get started and small/can learn alot. Some of my family members still have records there that haven't been beat yet. You start showing up and she will make friends and see where others are riding
                            Last edited by SCREAMINREELS; 02-06-2018, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruark View Post
                              Rodeo is wonderful but I hate to see young kids kids on rough stock. I saw a 17 year old boy in a high school rodeo get paralyzed from the eyes down when he flew off a bareback. It was right in front of me, and I thought what if that were my son? That kid had his whole life ruined, and for what? I never forgot it. Sorry for the negative post.
                              I understand where you are coming from. But injuries can happen in any sport. Being a former Bareback rider and bullrider I knew the risk I was taking. That being said I did everything in my power to reduce that risk. That meant going to the best schools, best equipment, and not getting on stock that was out of my league.

Comment

Tanner started the 2018 season with a buck off [emoji20]. He had to step up in class this year so he’s going to have to work hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X