Pulling to hard into the wall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pulling to hard into the wall

What does it mean and how to determine if your doing it?

Sub'd because I have never heard of such.

I'd have to guess it'd be related to too heavy a draw weight

Comment

Was reading the nuts and bolts of archery and it refers to it and how it could cause unintentional torque on the bow but doesn't really explain to well what it is

Comment

Possibly they mean if you pull too hard to the back wall a side effect will then be gripping the bow, thus causing torque?

Comment

over thinking, just pull comfortably into the wall and focus more on grip position and trigger control

enough crap to worry about without adding that one

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyneutrontx View Post
            Was reading the nuts and bolts of archery and it refers to it and how it could cause unintentional torque on the bow but doesn't really explain to well what it is
            look at section 6.3

Comment

Originally posted by TexMax View Post
              Sub'd because I have never heard of such.

I'd have to guess it'd be related to too heavy a draw weight
              having a draw length that is not correct or draw stops on some bows being in the wrong position can lead to this as well.

Comment

If you pull hard into the wall, your draw will be more consistant. If you draw back and relax a little and don't do it the same every time, you can have problems. I think pulling hard into the wall is a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                  If you pull hard into the wall, your draw will be more consistant. If you draw back and relax a little and don't do it the same every time, you can have problems. I think pulling hard into the wall is a good thing.
                  X2!!!

Comment

I promise you wont "relax" with an Insanity. Let it creep just a smidge and you will get your arm jerked off.

Comment

Working...
                    X