Lone Wolf Climbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lone Wolf Climbers

Anyone have experience with LW climbers? If so, do you prefer the hand climber or sit & climb? I want the quietness of the cast platform but hear they aren't as comfortable as Summits.

I can tell you that they are not as comfortable as Summits. But if you are looking for the ultimate in portability, and you like to change stand locations....you cannot beat the LoneWolf. The Hand Climber is for those 4-6 hour sits, unless you are a small guy, like me 5'6". I have sit in mine all day without any problems. The Sit-n-Climb is good for all day sits, regardless of size. The other major advantage to LoneWolf is they are QUIET. There is no hollow tubular aluminum which tends to echo. I love Lone Wolf and will always pay the extra price to own them.....until someone makes one better!

Comment

I switched to LoneWolf due to several neck surgeries and low back problems. I have the Sit-N-Climb and the Hand-Climber top sections to go with my base. I mostly use the Hand-Climber top section because it allows more movement for standing to stretch and offers better movement for field of fire. I also usually go pretty deep so the hike in is easier due to the lighter load. (Can't really get a nap in the Hand-Climber though.) Basically, I love'em.
      Last edited by LoneWolf007; 11-02-2011, 08:11 PM.

Comment

i just bought the goliath made by summit right before the season started. by far it is the most comfortable climber i have been in. i have not used lonewolf stands but i could not see how anything is better than summit. i pack in a pretty good ways in to the woods and it fits great on my back along with my backpack attached to it. the only thing i would change is the backpack straps. go to a gi surplus store and see if they have the parachute strapes. i got that idea from a friend in the service

Comment

If you get the hand climber you better have a strong core (abs) cause it will give you a work out for sure.

Comment

I have the lone wold hand climber... I absolutely love it... easy and fast setup.. great gripping ability.. stand never slips. nothing in the way for my bow to hit( since I hunt with trad this is great) yeah its not as comfortable as my ol man, but I didnt want a lazy boy, I wanted a stand to pack in those long walks on public land, and do the job.

The strong core part is true..

Comment

I had a sit and climb but I never felt safe in it. Went back to the Summit.

Comment

Working...
              X