My first bow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first bow

I've been a long time hunter, but recently got into bow hunting. After months of shopping for the right bow, I finally picked up a Mathews FX with sights, new string, case, rest, and six arrows for 150 bucks. The only problem was the draw length was set up for a 6'4'' guy and I’m closer to 6'. After doing my homework, I know now i need a new cam. Any advice??

If it were me I would take it to my Mathews Dealer and let him take a look at it.

Comment

Don't assume your draw lengths are different, my FIL is about 6'4" and I'm 6 foot and we are only about a half inch different. Get your draw measured and then see what adjustments you need to make. Good luck! Welcome to the addiction.

Comment

go to a good dealer who knows his stuff. search around

Comment

A Mathews dealer can measure you up and get the proper cam for your draw length...

Comment

If your in the DFW area I would recommend Smithfield Archery. They helped me out and got me set up with a new cam for my Mathews Ultra2. I'm new to Archery as well, never shot until 2 days ago and they were very helpful and knowledgable. I was shooting a 1" grouping within 5 min at 20yds. I know it's not that far for some, but being new it's pretty awesome.

Comment

Working...
            X