Bow sight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bow sight

Bought a bow tech bow from a friend of mine. Really nice bow. Took it to bass pro had the sight moved to fit me and got arrows cut. Try to sight it in and shoots about five inches left and sight won't adjust to move it over anymore. Why is this happening?

Could be several things, but with out seeing the bow it is difficult to determine.

1) When it was being fitted at BP it is possible that the "tech" bumped the rest.

2) the bow's draw length is too long or too short

3) hand torque, the Bowtech's d0 sport a more narrow riser compared to other brands

4) a tuning issue?

I hope this helps, but a REAL archery tech could look at your bow and tell you. In my opinion....stay away from the box stores. They cycle employees through each department...meaning that the guy selling clothing on Thursday, fishing rods on Friday and then is dropped in archery on the weekends. Here is the closest archery shop to you.

Wulf Outdoor Sports, Inc.
    1141 Hurst Street
    Center, TX 75935
    PH: 936-598-8310
    email: archery@wulfoutdoorsports.com 30.4 Miles from Dotson

And here is a link to the Bowtech dealers near you...

Experience Precision and Accuracy with Bowtech's High-Performance Compound Bows - Perfect for Hunting or Target Archery. Find Your Perfect Bow Today!
    Last edited by Gunther; 08-25-2012, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Gunther View Post
        Could be several things, but with out seeing the bow it is difficult to determine.

1) When it was being fitted at BP it is possible that the "tech" bumped the rest.

3) hand torque, the Bowtech's d0 sport a more narrow riser compared to other brands

4) a tuning issue?

I hope this helps, but a REAL archery tech could look at your bow and tell you. In my opinion....stay away from the box stores. They cycle employees through each department...meaning that the guy selling clothing on Thursday, fishing rods on Friday and then is dropped in archery on the weekends. Here is the closest archery shop to you.

1141 Hurst Street
        Center, TX 75935

http://www.bowtecharchery.com/#/disp...yState?i=75669
        ^^Couldn't of been said better

Comment

My wife's bow was doing the same thing except to the right and it was hand torque. We took it to the bow shop and he had her shoot and could tell she was torquing the bow. He changed her form a little and she's dead on now.

Comment

4) a tuning issue?

1141 Hurst Street
            Center, TX 75935

Most being true,BUT I have to disagree with the box store so called techs..My wife works at Bass Pro in Grapevine and they have 2 very good techs back there,one I know went to Mathews school and thats what he shoots......Just get to know the tech thats gonna work on your bow and build trust in them..

Comment

4) a tuning issue?

1141 Hurst Street
              Center, TX 75935

X3

Comment

Originally posted by XTBrian View Post
                Most being true,BUT I have to disagree with the box store so called techs..My wife works at Bass Pro in Grapevine and they have 2 very good techs back there,one I know went to Mathews school and thats what he shoots......Just get to know the tech thats gonna work on your bow and build trust in them..
                Going to "Mathews" school doesn't make you a good bow tech...

Comment

take it to a pro shop and have a real tech look at it i am not impressed with most big name retail archery shops

Comment

find you a good archery pro shop

Comment

Everything was mentions except for cam lean, just throwing it out there, but agree with all of the above.

Comment

Working...
                      X