6.5 Grendel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bearintex View Post
    I wish I could get my grendel frankenbuild to shoot. Never had a problem getting any other build to shoot, but this one is frustrating me. Already on the second barrel, thinking the first was bad, but it's doing the same thing. 6" or bigger groups at 100.
    Bear Creek Arsenal barrel? I have a buddy that's having the same problem with a Bear Creek. He's really frustrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Gummi Bear View Post
      Bear Creek Arsenal barrel? I have a buddy that's having the same problem with a Bear Creek. He's really frustrated.
      Yep. Primary Arms sale. I think I'm going to Strip and rebuild it one more time and try my scope off the PRS gun to rule that out, then it's back to primary again.

Comment

This one is a Radical Firearms upper with a Colt lower, shoots lights out.

God Bless

Comment

Originally posted by lglidewell View Post
          Lol!!! I’m sorry Mr Mike!! Noveske doesn’t make a 6.5 G that I know of, I was referring to the 300 blackout barrel I used to have. I guess I should’ve stated that I was referring to their 300 BO 8” barrel. No doubt they make great barrels and are more accurate than me!
          Noveske definitely makes a 6.5 G barrel.

I must be doing something wrong. I keep reading about folks who say their 6.5 G has no recoil, feels like a .22, they see every bullet hit the target, etc. My 6.5 G definitely has recoil.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
            Noveske definitely makes a 6.5 G barrel.

I must be doing something wrong. I keep reading about folks who say their 6.5 G has no recoil, feels like a .22, they see every bullet hit the target, etc. My 6.5 G definitely has recoil.
            Mine does as well. Mine shoots extremely well though so I am not messing with it. I was told it should kick just like a 223 but mine is no where near that.

Comment

Bish….you are going to LOVE it! I take every opportunity to answer OP's regarding the Grendel in the AR platform. As stated so many times before, THIS is my favorite deer/hog shooter. NO recoil on my bad shoulders and the scope I put on it is dead on as is the shot placement. I always carry at least 1 if not 2 extra magazines but never use them. Why....DRT with 1 shot to date.

Congrats and have fun, love mine as well!!

Comment

Originally posted by bearintex View Post
                Yep. Primary Arms sale. I think I'm going to Strip and rebuild it one more time and try my scope off the PRS gun to rule that out, then it's back to primary again.
                Which ammo are you using? I can get the hornady SST to shoot ok. The hornady black would not shoot good at all.

I have worked on a few reloads that shoot 3/4” or so.

Comment

Well the 123 Black is working great for me.

God Bless
                  Bish

Comment

I love mine. I built it with an 18" Bear Creek barrel. I have had great luck with mine, but it didn't start shooting good until I had around 65 rounds thru it. It loves my reloads and has very little recoil. Pic is my reloads, 6 shots at 100 yards. I'm happy, and, as always, use this load at your own risk. Good luck and enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenner97 View Post
                      Which ammo are you using? I can get the hornady SST to shoot ok. The hornady black would not shoot good at all.

I have worked on a few reloads that shoot 3/4” or so.
                      Hornady Black ammo. I could accept mediocre accuracy with a particular ammo, but this is unacceptable. This is at 50 yards, 1" dot for reference. Disregard the bottom left hole, that was from sight in.

And then to rule out the scope, I moved it to my 223 AR and did this at 100 yards with cheap steel ammo (again a 1" dot):

I'm at my wit's end. Only thing left to rule out before I send the barrel back (again) is the upper receiver. This problem has followed across 3 different lowers. Everything is torqued properly. I really want to like this gun, but it is making it hard.
                      Last edited by bearintex; 08-02-2018, 05:42 AM.

Comment

I have a BCA 223 that I like for shooting at 50 yards or under. At 100 it has good days and then bad days. Not sure why. I have a Krieger barrel on my Grendel and it shoots better than I do for sure, but it is picky on ammo. I can't get it to shoot Black at all but 120gr ELD-X with 29gr of CFE 223 does the job for me.

Comment

Originally posted by lbbf View Post
                          but it is picky on ammo
                          This

Comment

Working...
                          X