Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you were to take a vacation in Kalispell, Montana...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you were to take a vacation in Kalispell, Montana...

...and:

You wanted to avoid big tourist crowds

You were willing to take a bit of a chance on the weather, early or late in the year

You wanted to be able to see either big foliage color

What month would you head that way? Any particular recommendations on places to stay, things to see, places to eat, etc.

Skiing is not an issue. Not doing that.

id head up the first week of october, have buddies in Whitefish and its a killer vacation spot, if you're looking to fly fish i can definitely help, Grouse mountain lodge is phenomenal, as is the lodge at whitefish (pricey).

Comment

My mother has lived in Whitefish for 25 years and I used to live in Missoula. I agree w/ the above if fall colors are the goal. Early Oct is awesome.

Obviously, Galcier NP is going to be worth a visit- Going to the Sun Rd is an experience! I prefer Whitefish to Kalispell and Grouse Mt Lodge is nice to stay. Some very good restaurants in Whitefish. The Bulldog isn't one of them, but a must for a cold beer.

Tons of fishing and hiking options. Flathead Lake is great- lots of small towns with cool stuff like Bigfork.

Comment

I would talk to M. R James as he lived in Kalispell, Montana for many years....

Comment

Thanks for all the info...

Comment

hmmm .. looking for an adventure..........

Comment

Working...
            X